This just in, Obama smarter, more thoughtful than Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just in, Obama smarter, more thoughtful than Trump

Interesting story that a collection of Obama's private letters to an ex-girlfriend in the 1980s are being archived at Emory University.

Sample quote:

"My ideas aren't as crystallized as they were while in school, but they have an immediacy and weight that may be more useful if and when I'm less observer and more participant," Obama wrote in 1984 to McNear....

No idea what he's talking about but I sure as fuck miss him.

Grab em by the cerebral cortex

I'm still not sure if Obama actually is intelligent, or if he has just perfected the art of coming across as intelligent.

Comment

One has to be very intelligent to do that.

Comment

Well, he's more smarter and more intellectual than 45. And 43. And 41. And 40. And probably 42 and 39, although that's not as clear cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          Interesting story that a collection of Obama's private letters to an ex-girlfriend in the 1980s are being archived at Emory University.

Sample quote:

"My ideas aren't as crystallized as they were while in school, but they have an immediacy and weight that may be more useful if and when I'm less observer and more participant," Obama wrote in 1984 to McNear....

No idea what he's talking about but I sure as fuck miss him.
          Sure new how to write a hot letter. Bet that got the girl in question all fired up. Gosh! I need to take a cold shower after that.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
            Well, he's more smarter and more intellectual than 45. And 43. And 41. And 40. And probably 42 and 39, although that's not as clear cut.
            42 is legendarily pretty smart. Apparently he used to do the Times Crossword in pen during his morning briefing while carrying on normal conversation.

Comment

I don't think 45 will be challenging Obama or Clinton to IQ tests (although equally I don't think IQ tests measure the full range of a person's intelligence, and certainly not innate intelligence).

Comment

Yeah, let's not go down the IQ route.

Obama was interviewed by Dave Grohl at the end of the "Sonic Highways" series talking about American music. He was considered, informed and wasn't showy or competitive but generous in his views even though he must be used to people hanging of his every word. I have always been impressed by Obama's ability to have his emotions blatantly permeating his speech without losing control of those emotions. Anyway, at the end of the interview, I may have had something in my eye but I am not sure whether that was because of his passionate enthusiasm for his subject or in contrast to the current encumbent. Being a great orator doesn't make you a great president but it would certainly help if you are an awful awful president. Trump talks like the numbskulls in his head are high

I heard Obama yesterday. His accent has got a bit looser. I am not sure what the Hawaiian accent is but I wonder if he has reverted back a bit
                Last edited by Bored Of Education; 21-10-2017, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                  the current encumbent
                  I like how you unconsciously merged "incumbent" with "encumbrance" there Bored to describe the current occupant of the White House...

Comment

I don't always agree with Authoritarian Personality theory but these updates to it seem plausible in today's context: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Author...nterpretations

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post
                      Sure new how to write a hot letter. Bet that got the girl in question all fired up. Gosh! I need to take a cold shower after that.
                      I think 45 has got to you.

Comment

Some old Obama
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzDb8UB8yA&t=1578s

Comment

Working...
                        X