No announcement yet.

NBA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NBA continues to be the most entertaining league apart from the actual games themselves--The Ringer did some great reporting on sock puppet Twitter accounts run by 76ers GM Bryan Colangelo, who tweeted things criticizing former GM Sam Hinkie, criticizing Joel Embiid and Markelle Fultz, and discussed possible moves that the team actually ended up making prior to them being announced.

It's hard to see him surviving this.

e have scrutinized and archived those accounts in an attempt to verify the source’s claims that the longtime NBA executive has been using them as a platform to:

Criticize NBA players, including Joel Embiid, Jahlil Okafor, and Nerlens Noel

Publicly debate the decisions of his own coaching staff, as well as critique former Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie and Toronto Raptors president Masai Ujiri

Telegraph the 2017 trade in which the Sixers acquired the no. 1 overall pick that would become Markelle Fultz

Disclose nonpublic medical information about Okafor and gossip about Embiid and Fultz to members of the national and Philadelphia media

Comment

Embid roasted him within minutes.

It is starting to become clear why his dad initially kept him away from the Suns.

Comment

This may be the most insane ending to a game that I’ve ever seen.

Comment

NBA version of VAR definitely screwed the Cavs. JR Smith runs out clock when tied. Draymond baits T. Thompson.

Sucks for LJ, he played his guts out.

Comment

I still can't comprehend the last few minutes of the 4th quarter.

https://twitter.com/natt0/status/1002399608746545153

Comment

The moment the Warriors won the finals.

https://twitter.com/WorldofIsaac/status/1004565367707095040

Comment

Not too shabby for a cupcake.

Comment

Great audio engineering: fan yelled something at Durant toward the end of the game. Durant: "You're upset. It's okay, I get it."

https://streamable.com/2nxsw

I want to see Durant embrace the villain role. I honestly don't fault him for joining the Warriors, he can do whatever he wants. It's the insecurity and the complaining about not being liked by people that annoyed me. Be the bad guy. I think people would actually respect him more.

Comment

MVP: James Harden
                    ROY: Donovan Mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

I want to see Durant embrace the villain role. I honestly don't fault him for joining the Warriors, he can do whatever he wants. It's the insecurity and the complaining about not being liked by people that annoyed me. Be the bad guy. I think people would actually respect him more.
                      Yeah, his insecurity is a bit lame and odd. My earlier comment was directed at Thunder fans who so quickly turned on him in the most pathetic way despite giving his all for his first 9 years in the league.

Comment

So, LeBron is doing his thing again, exercising his right to free agency and immediately becoming a not at all obscure object of desire for every ambitious franchise in the sport with cap room.

Lakers, Philly, back to Cleveland? The Knicks (if the Dolan sale rumours are true)?

It's always entertaining and an unique demonstration of the real power a single player can hold in the sport.

Comment

It seems it's all about legacy and championships won. Therefore the option is really obvious. Sign for Golden State. And if they've not got cap room, sign for free.

Comment

The Players’ Association would lose their minds over the precedent.

Not to mention what the other teams in the West would say.

Comment

Its crazy to me to consider just what a poor job the Cavs have done in building a team around him.

Is it that no-one wants to play with Lebron (the Warriors don't seem to have difficulty attracting good roleplayers) or is their GM just that inept when it comes to putting a team together?

Comment

Featured on the WTF thread two days ago.

Comment

Ah, I was surprised it appeared to have not been covered been covered already.

Comment

For an extra USD 25 a game, they will let you take a selfie in front of a blown up, high res photo of a corner of the court.

Comment

Interesting start to the season all round in the NBA tbh......

Warriors have lost quite a few games, Celtics off to a slow start as were the Lakers but since they got Tyson Chandler on board they seem to have figured it out. Kings actually look like a legitimate .500 team and might, might be in the running for the 8th seed based on early season form - its too early to make any definitive predictions.

Comment

Warriors drop yet another game.

Without Curry and without Draymond and of course they are in the "regular season = nothing" groove that all NBA dynasties fall into but they are not the invincibles of old.

What with the KD and Draymond fracas and the way that their contracts are structured I think this will be the last season that they start as the out and out favorites to win it all.

Comment

Warriors swept by Texas, 3-0.

Tonights loss was to the San Antonio Spurs, the worst Spurs team since 1997..... Or is it? Can the Spurs use this victory as a catalyst to turn the corner? They have looked like ass the last few games.

Comment

Best game of the season. Warriors hosting James Harden, and that's the story in fucking overtime.

OVERTIME BABY

Comment

What a match that was.

James Harden can play basketball.

Comment

'Im indoors is a Warriors 'fan'. (He fancies Steff Curry)

In the words of Lord Flashheart: AHAHAHAHAHa.

Comment

Working...
                                                X