Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had it, and we lost it.

Comment

Toronto's struggles against Cleveland are primarily mental at this point, and winning Game 1 could have built a lot of confidence. As it is, losing that game, particularly in the way they lost it, will probably create only more questions and self-doubt.

I'd like to see Drake try to fight Kendrick Perkins. Please, Drizzy, just try it.

Comment

Don't get me started on young Aubrey...

But yeah, they all look starstruck / scared in LeBron's presence.

Comment

The Valanciunas missed layups possession was when I knew they were going to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
            The Valanciunas missed layups possession was when I knew they were going to lose.
            It's not that they were going to lose, it's that it was 105-105 going into OT, I went to the bathroom flushed the toilet and came back to see it was 111-105 Cleveland.

Obviously not over, but lawd.

That Steph Curry bullshit when he dribbled off his ankle, caught up with the ball and dribbled it 1 inch from a halfcourt violation, then decided "fuck it, I almost lost the ball anyway so I'll shoot this from Alcatraz" was bullshit.

This life thing probably is a computer simulation and that pencil neck has the cheat code.

Comment

He did it again

https://twitter.com/yahoosportsnba/status/992967524902817792?s=21

Comment

God's plan.

https://twitter.com/ShahbazMKhan/status/992972192597016576

Comment

Someone called Rozier III, who is possibly 6ft tall, just went up in Joel Embiid's grill, swung a punch at his chin, and caught him on the knee.

Comment

And LeBron says to Kevin: "See? You are important."

And the breeze became still. For everything was not knightly.

That was it. X

Comment

Bookmark. x

Comment

The Other Cavaliers.

Comment

Chuck and Shaq arguing is something else. Inside the NBA is somehow both terrible and great at the exact same time.

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/994089633448423427

Comment

If we get to see another decade of Dario Šarić catching a bullet pass with his back to the basket and immediately flipping it backwards over his head for 2, followed by Al Horford jumping 20 feet in the air for an alley-oop, I will not complain.

109-109

Comment

111-109
                              18.8 seconds left.

Comment

Embiid blows the layup, and loses the handle. Aron Baynes played a helluva game on Embiid.

111-109
                                10.8 seconds left.

Comment

Drew Bledsoe's bromate Scary Terry buries both free throws, JJ Reddick hits a Steph 3 to make it

113-112
                                  :3.2 seconds left.

Comment

Almost one of the most hilarious endings in history.

Marcus Smart of the Celts misses the first FT, then tries to miss the 2nd free throw on purpose.

He thrusts it a million miles an hour to clang it off the rim....and scores.

Philly gets a final throw, but Smart catches the pass and launches it into the air.

Celtics 114-112.

Celtics - LeBreezy Part XVII

Comment

NBA Coach of The Year Dwayne Casey is out on his ass.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...ane-casey.html

Comment

Pau Gasol on Becky Hammon. I love him.:

But I also think it goes to something deeper than that, when people will make this argument — in a way that really bothers me. It goes to this idea that … as we’re making all of these amazing strides in society, in terms of increasing our social awareness, and making efforts toward ideas like diversity and equality, and just sort of creating this more inclusive world … somehow sports should be an exception. It’s this idea, for some people, that sports should almost be this haven, where it’s O.K. to be closed-minded — like a bubble for all of our worst ignorance. And that as athletes, if we have any problems with the way things are, we should (as the saying goes) “stick to sports.”

So when I see arguments — or even jokes — that we shouldn’t have female head coaches in the NBA because of “locker room” situations or whatever … I guess it just reminds me that, for as much progress as we’ve made as a league over these last few years … we still have a ways to go. Because let’s be real: There are pushes now for increased gender diversity in the workplace of pretty much every industry in the world. It’s what’s expected. More importantly — it’s what’s right. And yet the NBA should get a pass because some fans are willing to take it easy on us … because we’re “sports”?

I really hope not.

I hope the NBA will never feel satisfied with being forward-thinking “for a sports league.” Let’s strive to be forward-thinking for an industry of any kind.

Comment

Well, the conference finals have just got very interesting. Both series tied at 2-2, with Houston managing to overcome a 3rd quarter surge by the Warriors last night and shutting them down in the 4th to steal the road game. It was the first time this year that the Warriors have lost after outscoring their opponents by 10+ points in the third quarter.

Comment

Comment

Is this the 4th year in a row that it will be Cleveland Golden State in the final?

Has that ever happened in any US sport before?

Comment

Yankees, Dodgers played many World Series against each other, but not four in a row.

Comment

See also Celtics-Lakers (12 Finals, but never more than 4 in 5 years)

Montreal played Detroit in three straight Stanley Cup Finals in the 50s, but that league had only six teams.

Comment

I guess it had to be.

https://twitter.com/RashadDrakeford/status/1001314120627441664

Was torn between hoping for Boston to lose, and hoping for LeBron to have a few weeks of rest before the off-season and joining the Lakers.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X