NBA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filthy, and just ruthless.

You know that movie Interstellar, when they go onto the planet orbiting close to a black hole that causes time dilation, which makes an hour on that planet equal seven Earth years? I’m almost positive that’s what happened during Harden’s stare.

I rewatched this play 100 times. Johnson doesn’t hit the floor until 1:20 is on the clock, and when the shot’s out of Harden’s hands, the clock says 1:18. But I know that he stared at Johnson for longer than two seconds. I’m sure of it. I felt like we all lived what was actually several Earth years watching Harden just hang out watching Johnson before Milos Teodosic mercifully decides to end it. If Teodosic hadn’t, and this goes on for a few more seconds, we might have all actually aged 50 years.
    I realize I never mentioned the new "City" alternate jerseys. Milwaukee's is really good as is Golden State's, but Miami's...

I feel like that's an all-time classic jersey in basketball or any sport. It's perfect for the team. It's a work of art.
    Last edited by Incandenza; 01-03-2018, 17:13.

Comment

Also the best selling jersey in the league since its introduction

Really should be their primary set.

Comment

That is a great jersey.

I know the square root of diddly squat about basketball, but is Harden allowed to keep Johnson away with a hand, and is that backwards shuffle thing not travelling?

Comment

Let's not quibble about things like that.

Comment

HOW

https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/969383314346954753

Comment

The process wasn’t developed to deal with that.

Comment

He’s 33, in his 15th season, and you can make he case that this is his best season ever. It’s absurd.

I think I’m fully on board with saying that LeBron is the G.O.A.T.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                  He’s 33, in his 15th season, and you can make he case that this is his best season ever. It’s absurd.

I think I’m fully on board with saying that LeBron is the G.O.A.T.
                  Looking back, he probably sealed that with taking Delly and those goofs to an overtime or two from an NBA title in Cavs-Dubs I.

At least with the Miami Vicers jersey, Wade got to wear that and win a game in the tribute to the kid who died in a NRA terrorist attack.

Between Wade and Luongo's speech, South Florida really represented with the Stoneman Douglas attack.

Comment

Coast-to-coast two-handed dunk to obliterate your defender and almost win the game? DeMar DeRozan:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/971588598398160896

Comment

Steve Francis in the Players' Tribune is really worth reading.

A few highlights:

That rang in my head. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I had one way out, but it wasn’t exactly Duke, let’s put it that way. It was San Jacinto College … in Texas. One of their coaches had seen me play at some AAU tournament, and they said they had a roster spot for me. I mean, junior college? And what do I know about Texas?
                      But my grandma convinced me that it’s what my mother wanted for me, and I just gave in. I got my GED, and my grandma gave me $400 and a plane ticket to Houston. The San Jacinto coaches picked me up at the same airport that the coaches at Houston had picked up Dream at when he came over from Nigeria. And honestly, I was probably just as shell-shocked as he was. It was 30,000 white people and your boy Steve. Total culture shock. But I finally had some stability. I had a bed. I had a roster spot. And with that in the bag, I’m telling you, I went out there and killed it.

Ask Shawn Marion. Go ahead and ask him. He was playing for Vincennes University at the time, and he was a juco All-American. He was supposed to be the guy. And we went up there to Indiana and I murdered him. I got a quadruple double on his ass. I remember when we both got to the NBA, we were laughing about it during some shootaround, and he told me that he’s actually got the VHS tape of the game somewhere at his house. The tape exists. For 20 years I’ve been asking Shawn where the hell that tape is, and he’s been ducking me.

SHAWN, WHERE’S THE TAPE?!

SHOW THE WORLD THE TAPE, SHAWN.
                      They traded my ass to Orlando for Tracy McGrady.

That crushed me. It’s not even worth talking about those Magic years, and it’s definitely not worth talking about those Knicks years. That part of the story is like the end of Goodfellas, when everybody’s getting jammed up and ratting on each other and they’re driving around looking up in the sky for police helicopters. It was a mess, man. I got to both of those teams, and it takes you like five minutes of being in the locker room before you realize: Nope. No wins here.

You can tell in a minute. It’s a culture.

Comment

LeBron is 33 and in his 15th season.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/974471005434499072/video/1

Comment

Stunning news as Kyrie will miss the rest of the season and the playoffs after having knee surgery.

It's your time, Toronto. Don't choke again.

Comment

One of the feel-good stories of the season happened last night as 32-year old Andre Ingram, who has spent 10 years in the D/G League and is that league's all-time 3-point scorer, was called up to the Lakers to play the last two games in the season. Honestly, he should have been called up a lot sooner. His release is lightning quick. He scored 19 off the bench last night, hitting 4-5 from 3. His whole line was great:

FG: 6/8; 3P: 4/5; FT: 3/3; 3 reb; 1 ast; 1 stl; 3 blk; 19 pts

Last edited by Incandenza; 11-04-2018, 15:29.

Comment

Russ grabs a crapload of rebounds and finishes with another average triple-double for the season, two years in a row.

The playoff picture:

EAST

(1) Toronto v. (8) Washington
                              (4) Cleveland v. (5) Indiana

(3) Philly v. (6) Miami
                              (2) Boston v. (7) Milwaukee

WEST

(1) Houston v. (8) Minnesota
                              (4) OKC v. (5) Utah

(3) Portland v. (6) New Orleans
                              (2) Golden State v. (7) San Antonio

Finals prediction: Houston v. Cleveland, Houston in 6.

Comment

Wow, New Orleans takes the first two games ON THE ROAD in their series, and they are looking at a matchup with the Warriors in the second round. Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday were outstanding.

Comment

The Raptor was feeling his inner Westbrook last night, and the team responded by taking a 2-0 lead over Washington

https://twitter.com/the_raptor/status/986316563048366080

Comment

Very sad news--the Spurs reported that Erin Popovich, Gregg's wife, passed away. They were married for over 40 years.

Comment

https://twitter.com/pourmecoffee/status/988732588461305856

Comment

Russ should have shouted "primary!" back at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                          Russ should have shouted "primary!" back at him.
                                          Mitt, how many years did you not serve as president?

My wife's cousins are visiting from Madrid this week. We have to hope the Sixers win this week, the Bucks win, then we can see a first round game in Philly by the time they leave on May 5.

Comment

Trust the Process

Comment

Comment

My wife's cousins from Madrid are here.

They are YUGE basketball heads. (Cheer for Estudiantes in Spain. The Atletico Madrid to Réal Madrid in Madrid Baloncesto.)

We were hoping the Bucks would've beaten the Celtics, because the first two games would have been in Philly. Howevs, once Boston won, they made the decision to rent a car.

I helped them to get tickets on Seatgeek. However, being out of the loop for 15 months since my last order, I was unawares of the movement towards cellphone ticketing.

I was used to click on confirm and they're in your email instantly.

So we see "check for an email from ticketmaster."

One hour.

Two hours.

Six hours.

Nothing.

I call Seatgeek. They say "we're just middlemen." My spidey-sense rings like a Union Beach Dodge honking their horns behind me 8 times after every goal in my first ever travel game in 1981.

They say "we'll be in contact with the seller."

Ten hours.

Twenty Four hours.

Nothing.

They still decide to drive to Boston.

I call, using teaching/corporate-speak like "it's my expectation they will be in my cousin's cellphone by the doors opening two hours before gametime because they came here all the way from Rubioland."

FINALLY, 2:30, 5.5 hours before the doors open and they can take pictures at courtside during pregame caliente arribas (they have some caliente word for warmups, forgot what it was,) they got the tickets as they were in Rhode Island.

Watching the feed on a cricket free site, they would show the crowd during commercials as it was a feed from the NBA league pass, and it was the feed of the big screen at the game.

The thing with Celtics fans, during commercials they didn't show shitstain corporate branding commercials, they would show drunken Bhastan kids trying to do the floss dance, then drunken Bhastan grandfathers trying to do the Bhastan drunken kids version of the floss. Nary a corporate shitstain commercial in sight. Just a whole lotta floss version of [url=http://justsomething.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/bootleg-products-ft-758x396.jpg]these versions of more famous items.[/img]

Then yes.

My wife's cousin.

Was on the big screen.

They were wearing the Beat phiLA shirts given out at the stadium (phi was in outlined green, with the LA in all white in a dig at the Lakers. The son is a Laker fan.)

The Celtics passed and their jabroni 3rd stringers passed the ball like McHale and Bird.

It was a religious experience for them.

I am in the most unfortunate position of being thankful to the Boston Celtics.

Comment

What a cool story JV.

Now, c'mom sixers.

Comment

Respect the pettiness of the Celtics to still go after the Lakers when playing the 76ers.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X