No announcement yet.

"Me, too".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a few posts of the "welcome to the sanitised, dumbed-down, sexless, humourless society" type.

But generally drowned out (in my feed, anyway) by people outraged about the event.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
      I've seen a few posts of the "welcome to the sanitised, dumbed-down, sexless, humourless society" type.
      Yeah, why can't women just shut up and be assaulted?

Comment

Indeed, and as some charmers remarked vis a vis the Women's March today, why is it always the pig-ugly crazy women who warn you off touching their vaginas?

Comment

Christ. There's a part of me that just doesn't understand men. Maybe I'm low on hormones, or missing a chunk of 'Y' chromosome or something. I just can't comprehend these attitudes, can't relate to them in any way. Never have. I don't understand why women need to be blamed for men's actions. It's gone on forever, everywhere. It's embedded in the world's major religions. Just what the fuck are we supposed to be afraid of? I seriously don't get it.

Comment

Men are horrible. If we were starting the human race from scratch, wouldn’t start from here. Total shitty shitty bastards. I’m pretty much a failed male by Spiked! Online terms, but I still flinch at half the shite I’ve done and said in the past.

Comment

Sorry to be slow to respond to the something on the previous page, but it's relevant to point out Embery has previous on transphobia so I don't think he's just an opportunist bigot but something more pathological:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/07/27...hobic-remarks/

I think it disqualifies him from his job because he clearly would be unwilling to defend the rights of trans firefighters, before we even consider whether he'd defend ethnic minority members of his union. He's a throwback to the dockers who supported Enoch Powell.

Relevance to thread: I wonder if any of his union events feature stripograms etc.

Embery himself is a turd who is not worthy of our time, except as a case study of how a vile piece of shit is being allowed to run a trade union.
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-01-2018, 04:17.

Comment

*Someone* has decided to be oh so edgy and contrary about the President's Club. I won't link to it, or include the name of the writer or publication, so here's a cartoon instead.

Comment

Was he a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party like the rest of the unpleasant contrarists?

Comment

Haha, I think BO'N would have loved to be a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party. They look right up his street.

Comment

Yeah, so:

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                      Countdown to Brendan O'Neill/Spiked/Rod Liddle article on how you can't do anything anymore and The Mob have won starting … 10, 9, 8
                      I mean what even is the point of these articles now? They are so predictable as to be pointless even for people who believe them, surely? Then again, I suppose the repetitive drip-feeding of bile and tripe is how they get their people to follow them.

Comment

I wonder if any of them will try 'dressed like that? they were asking for it'

Comment

On that angle, isn't that just the most demeaning thing for a man to claim about men? That if we see a pretty woman in a short skirt, we will be unable to resist assaulting her. I mean wtf is that even trying to say?

Comment

I don't know but by TV screen is in a terrible condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                              Haha, I think BO'N would have loved to be a member of the Revolutionary Communist Party. They look right up his street.
                              He began his "career" writing for their magazine Living Marxism so he certainly has connections

Comment

Oh, right. That's one of those Michael-Gove-picketed-with-the-NUJ things that are quite hard to believe. But then I guess contrarian bellends have to be contrary about something.

Comment

Per Business Insider, Zahawi looks to have some more explaining to do.

Comment

The RCP weren't really "revolutionary" or "communist" in the generally understood gist of those words. Just libertarian self-publicising cunts. They used to denounce campaigning against the poll tax.

Anyway, the most jaw-dropping quote of the whole affair probably belongs to the hostesses agency boss: "I am not aware of any reports of sexual harassment and with the calibre of guest [my emphasis], I would be astonished.”.

Arsehole bosses. Shit working conditions. Britain 2018 indeed.

Comment

And same in the Miners Strike.

Comment

The case for the defence so far- the women knew what they were getting into, but the men had no idea. Credit to OP.

Comment

Whoops.

Financial Times

Verified account

@FinancialTimes
                                          20h
                                          More
                                          The Jonny Gould referred to in FT reports about The Presidents Club on January 23 and 24 is not @JonnyGould, the radio and TV presenter who has worked at (among others) Smooth Radio, talkRADIO and appears on @SkyNews. We apologise for the distress caused.

Comment

^ He used to do the Channel 5 baseball too. (And internal Sainsbury's teaching aids.)

Comment

No, that's the actual Jonny Gould sports presenter who was the compere, not the Jonny Gould sports presenter who wasn't.

Comment

CheersNat.

Then, the other one must really be a cunt.

Comment

About 5 or 6 pages ago, the whole thread changed direction.

Let's not continue that, eh?

Comment

Canada's resigned-in-disgrace total for today. One federal cabinet minister, two provincial Conservative party leaders. All accused of harassment.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X