No announcement yet.

"Me, too".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But hypocritical given that the age of consent in Italy is 14 and Asia's alleged victim was 17. That's not to excuse any alleged predatory behaviour by 37 year old women on 17 year old male juveniles but Italy allows far worse predation within its laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
      Yes, Crews is showing what true courage means whereas 50c is perpetuating the trap that black men can only resist power structures by using violence which then gives power holders an excuse to jail them.
      A very good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Defensive minded
        What? Because he says he does not want to be called an African American because he's not from Africa? And that be wants to be judged as an individual, not as a black man? Maybe we've being hearing different stuff from him, but I've heard some fairly balanced stuff in the debate on racism.
        Unfortunately DM, that's not the world we live in. He isn't obliged to be an activist, but he has talked some shite on the issues, the usual blaming black people for racism ala Cosby.
        I found this after 30 seconds of googling. I'm sure theres more.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mo...history-month/

Comment

Lithwick On Amy Chua’s husband creeping on clerkship candidates.

What a lovely couple they are (and what a deeply twisted place YLS is)

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            Lithwick On Amy Chua’s husband creeping on clerkship candidates.

What a lovely couple they are (and what a deeply twisted place YLS is)

While law students are sold on the idea that the few dozen clerks who apprentice at the Supreme Court each year are bar none the smartest and most meritorious young lawyers alive, the children of sitting justices and prominent appellate judges somehow end up in that select group every year.

Funny how that works out like that.

I can’t imagine trying to function in a place like that with so many people wound that tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
              While law students are sold on the idea that the few dozen clerks who apprentice at the Supreme Court each year are bar none the smartest and most meritorious young lawyers alive, the children of sitting justices and prominent appellate judges somehow end up in that select group every year.

Funny how that works out like that.

I can’t imagine trying to function in a place like that with so many people wound that tight.
              It must be like working at RTE, the Irish State Broadcaster.

Comment

I didn’t realize clerkships were so hard to come by. I’ve known lots of people who went to not-so-prestious law schools who clerked for judges. Not Supreme Court judges or federal judges, but that article implies that clerkships in general are rare. Or maybe I misread it.

My understanding is that clerks actually write a lot - maybe most - judge’s opinions. So one would wish the process for educating and selecting those people wouldn’t be so arbitrary or run by such a small group of people.

Comment

Clerkships tout court are not that hard to come by. There are literally thousands of judges who need clerks.

However, clerkships with “feeder” judges (those with an established track record of sending clerks to the Supreme Court) are insanely competitive.

As to drafting opinions, it is most/all for the large majority of Federal judges.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                    It must be like working at RTE, the Irish State Broadcaster.
                    Shhh, every Andrews and Tubirdy scion made it on merit and good manners alone.

Comment

https://twitter.com/PlanUK/status/1049223038221336576

Comment

I suspect the number is 3/3 past a certain age. It's heartbreaking.

Comment

(Bloody hell, 4th page!)

So, have we done the UK business owner currently in the news, and the regular Thursday email from a certain popular female dog?

Comment

We have not.

He really is a piece of work.

And Parliamentary Privilege is an interesting concept

Comment

As is the age of consent* in the UK.

I remember as a 19 year old, somewhere in Hackney, reading the cover of that album, when it was illegal for me to be gay.

I was surprised.

*Obvious diversion. Surprisingly cracking album, from this far away.
                              Last edited by Gerontophile; 26-10-2018, 14:53.

Comment

Resurrecting this as a more appropriate thread for such depressing news than the one on Misogyny

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...all-in-lawyers

Comment

Working...
                                X