No announcement yet.

"Me, too".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had our work event tonight, with a fine speaker talking about PR/crisis management to a mostly male audience from security, armed forces, government and various otheR backgrounds.

When it got to the Q&A, someone asked about the President’s Club and how on earth one is supposed to function “in the present climate”. Full marks to the speaker for saying that we all had to examine our behaviour now and that the President’s Club didn’t meet standards of decent behaviour. I don’t know if the questioner was happy with that answer.

Comment

Too bad, so sad.

Comment

Thread crossover alert... Some of the "charities" supported by this sexual abuse festival...included pro occupation anti BDS organisations https://electronicintifada.net/blogs...ssment-scandal

Comment

I'm sorry if I have posted this already, but the Steve Wynn thing is just too funny.

AFAIK, he is in the process of building a hotel, which will block the Trump Tower view of the Strip.

AND, Mrs Wynn takes no prisoners: Last year she gave a million dollars to Planned Parenthood, and she has already donated untold to women's charities for donkeys.

And unfortunately, the subject matter is not funny. But the money, for once, is.

Comment

Absolute pig

Perhaps this will bring some more attention to the plight of service workers, who were his choice of prey

Unsurprisingly, all of the Republicans who went bonkers about Weinstein and HRC have not said a word about their national committee's finance chair and big money donor.

Comment

I think there was a story, where one of his friends called him loathsome.

Comment

Has the Ulster Rugby rape trial been covered on OTF - Irish Times report? It is an ongoing case so I will tread carefully. The alleged (every report appears to include this) victim is now on to her seventh day of giving evidence. Every day the testimony is in the national media. Her identity is being protected but undoubtedly her identity and the ordeal she is going through is known by her loved ones and the community that she lives in.

I understand that people have the right to presumption of evidence and that is a very important right. Speaking generically and not specific to this case, I don't understand how we have ended up in a situation that a woman who has been a victim of rape is forced to endure years of waiting for a trial, long and intrusive questioning on the witness stand and reliving that ordeal in the national media in order to attempt to get justice. There must be a better way of weighing the competing rights of the accuser and accused in the case of sexual assault. Does any jurisdiction cope better?

Comment

All defendants found not guilty.

Some very good (but disheartening) stuff on twitter under #ibelieveher at the moment on the conflicting testimony.

The accuser had to withstand 8 days on the stand and the defendant barristers made numerous slut-shaming comments. The threshold that the prosecution had to reach for the defendants to be found guilty was very high. I’m sure all this is within the criminal process guidelines but it just feels like a really unfair process for victims of rape to endure.

Comment

It's probably best not to comment on the actual case itself, so I'll just restrict myself to the post trial comments of Paddy Jackson, and his barrister, and while he may have been found not guilty, and left court without a stain on his character, but on the basis of his statement afterwards, he's a disgusting little hypocritical scum cunt coward. and a self pitying turd. I wouldn't fancy his chances in a civil action.

The video starts after 2 minutes. This speech is a mixture of the sort of victory speech you get when DUP win a seat from Sinn fein or vice versa, mixed in with the golden Cleric.

it's also completely undercut by the statement made by the other main suspect Stuart olding. He managed to hire someone with a vague sense of how not to make a bad situation even worse.

Comment

Comment

well 15 years ago a guy was kicked to death in the street outside annabels, by half of a blackrock senior cup team in front of hundreds of witnesses, and they managed to get two convictions for violent disorder, because two of them admitted to being involved. Maybe a conviction was a bit much to hope for.

Comment

The shite I’ve heard in work today. From women as well. How fucking strong would you have to be to testify in a probably hopeless case like this?

Comment

particularly when the defence essentially is that you've made it up to avoid the reputational damage and shame of being caught having a threesome, in the second decade of the 21st fucking century. Apparently the shame is so great that it is preferable to Go through a 10 week trial and spending 8 days being cross examined by four lawyers who are trying to tear apart your life, and if you succeed, you won't be known as someone who had a threesome, you'll be known as a gang rape victim, and everyone in the fucking province knows who she is.

It makes Luis suarez's defence look plausible.

Comment

Jury was made up of eight men and three women.

Comment

The New York Times and The New Yorker are sharing the Pulitzer for their reporting on Weinstein.

Comment

Saw this tweet and knew immediately it would be about Richard Cohen. I was right!

https://twitter.com/alexandrascaggs/status/986217122077577216

Comment

Eric Schneiderman, New York's attorney general, who has gone after Harvey Weinstein, has been accused by four women of physical assault.

Comment

There comes a point, when, you just have to give in.

Always. Life goes on, and your partner, takse an enveloping source of the kiss that was forwarded in your time, and you realise, hey weight, I forgot how to spell wait.

See how that goes?

Enjoy. x

Comment

Governor Cuomo has called for Scheiderman’s resignation.

Comment

I'm not saying I don't believe that the allegations are true, but the timing is interesting. I feel bad for even thinking that, but that's where we are. Everything seems suspicious these days.

Comment

In the broader context, the office is much more important than the person who holds it.

Comment

True.

Comment

And he’s gone

https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/993668331218579456?s=21

Comment

Any abuser who picks up the phone and hears “Hello, this is Ronan Farrow” is immediately going to shit themselves.

Comment

Is his dad next?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X