Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
    Oh man.

I suppose the key thing to remember is these people are actors. They are professionals at putting on a facade.

Comment

Yeah. It’s a bit sad we expect so much of them. When chances are even the nicest seeming is a total egomaniac.

Comment

That’s not excusing Freeman btw. Just that I have actors next in the skeeze and madness scale to lead singers.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          Weinstein to be arrested by the NYPD tomorrow (a surrender arranged in advance with his counsel)
          And now formally charged with rape and sexual assault: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44257202

Comment

Regarding Morgan Freeman.

I don't know whether he deserves to be on this thread or not, but this specific allegation is nothing short of a disgrace.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbXmOnQItI

It's clear to anyone with half a brain that his, "I wish I was there" comment was in response to Caine's story about a difficult encounter with a lady he thought was pregnant.

I know that there is a concerted effort to have a Black man as the face of Male sexual predator which conveniently happened on the day of Weinsteins arrest, but this is real stupid.
            The black lady who also made allegations has quickly rolled back on her accusations, maybe this should be on the White Supremacy thread.

Comment

Yes, universal bafflement amongst my Facebook friends. Unless she's been stitched up by some malicious editing, then he's clearly just being politely affable to Michael Caine.

I retain an open mind on anything else he may have said or done.

Comment

It's clear to anyone with half a brain that his, "I wish I was there" comment was in response to Caine's story about a difficult encounter with a lady he thought was pregnant.

yeah it certainly looks like that, but here's the original story, and she says he used that phrase a couple of times. There's a lot of people involved in this story, but the things detailed here while grim are at the lower end of the stuff coming out of hollywood. He just seems to be a bit of a sleazy old bastard. The thing it most reminds me of is The various stories involving George Bush Snr.

I'm not sure about the Harvey weinstein thing though. Morgan Freeman would have had to shoot donald trump in the face to knock him off number one slot. That was a perp walk for the ages. The thing is that ultimately I'm with LS on this one, in that I'd sooner look for a role model for behaviour in a premier league Dressing room than on a film set.

Comment

Berba,
                  That was a terrible piece of journalism there.

Maybe she is telling the truth but if you are going to provide evidence for all your numerous allegations, you gotta come better than that.
                  That was some Carolyn Bryant shit there.

If i was a woman who had been harassed by Freeman in the past and saw that, i would be mightily pissed off.

Comment

Come on man, it's CNN, it's entertainment news, what do you expect? One thing that does jump out from that article though is that whatever happened at that event, it disturbed her enough to make an official complaint with her employers, who took it up with his employers, months before #metoo became a thing. This complaint was in existence and written down, before any of the wider stuff happened, at a time when such a complaint could be professionally problematic from her point of view. It didn't take her long to find other people who had similar stories. Those stories from his own company are grim. I know he has a much wider cultural significance than just any other actor, but he is also just an actor, and this is a totally actor sort of thing to get caught up in.

Comment

I know he has a much wider cultural significance than just any other actor,
                      Which significance is that.
                      He has made a career playing a shuffling old coon since the late 80's which may be ground breaking for you, but it's patronising for me.

Plus I don't have much track with Freeman as he has said some shit about black people and racism recently so it is a bit of a comeuppance for him.

Comment

I suppose Trump could promise Mexico that they don't have to pay for the wall in exchange for Freeman being sent back to Shawshank.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                          I suppose Trump could promise Mexico that they don't have to pay for the wall in exchange for Freeman being sent back to Shawshank.
                          Maybe that's what Trump and Kim were discussing during their prison reform summit.

Comment

Yes. Saw a headline yesterday that said, "Donald Trump and Kim Kardassian meet to discuss prison reform."

I stared at the headline for about five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                              Freeman was released though. It was Andy that the Mexicans should have given back.

Comment

What a knuckle-dragging cretin Fiddy is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44625597

On the other hand, huge respect for Terry Crews.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                  Freeman was released though. It was Andy that the Mexicans should have given back.
                                  Yeah but Freeman violated his parole conditions by going to Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                    Red violated his parole.

Bah...was searching for the quote about 'making a fuss about an old crook like me.'

Comment

Fort Hancock, Texas.

Should have gone there when I was in Texas.

Comment

I haven't read the book in a while but I think it's Mc Nary Texas in the original story

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                          What a knuckle-dragging cretin Fiddy is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44625597

On the other hand, huge respect for Terry Crews.
                                          Yes, Crews is showing what true courage means whereas 50c is perpetuating the trap that black men can only resist power structures by using violence which then gives power holders an excuse to jail them.

Comment

The Concertgebouw has terminated Gatti with immediate effect.

Comment

oooh that was addressed to me, and I missed that. What I was getting at was that after the insane commentary for March of the Penguins, he's the old black man that it's ok for white conservatives to say they like. A bit like Bill Cosby when he turned the hypocrisy up high enough. He was a kind of cross cultural figure, and I was going to leave it to you to say the rest because that's for you to say.

Comment

A depressing piece on the reaction in Italy to latest Argento reports

This week, Ms. Argento was the target of a broad and savage public pillorying on the front pages of virtually every newspaper in the country. The headlines were merciless. “Asia Minor” was one; “Et tu, Asia,” another; and, naturally, “Asia Weinstein.”
                                                Such a beautiful country.

So profoundly fucked up.

Comment

From the country that elected Berlusconi.

Comment

"Asia Minor" is quite good though, in fairness.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X