Yahtzee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahtzee

My record score is 501. Can anyone better that?

No I've managed a few in the mid 300s, maybe a gaggle of bonus Yahtzees once.

We never play this all year, then it goes on holiday and gets played every evening, apart from when we play Rummy instead. One seems to go on good and bad runs with Yahtzee.

So Patrick, what's your priority? Bonus up top, or focus on the tricky specials?

Comment

Always go for the bonus imo. Unless you roll enough odd numbers to make it worth it to go for a straight. There are only two bottom row items worth more than the 35 point bonus.

Mrs Thistle and I have two different strategies when it comes to entering zero following a duff roll. I will always bin off the Yahtzee box. It's her last resort - everything else will get binned first. We have a scorebook and I'm collecting data points that I'm sure will prove my strategy delivers higher average scores than hers.

Comment

I look forward to reading an article of news in the Western Mail, some time not so far from now, about the unusual citation of an "unbearably over-competitive Yahtzee strategy based on his frankly anal collection of data points from previous games" in a Cardiff couple's divorce case.

Comment

I would be better at Yahtzee if there was a scoring roll called "Pair and a Load of Crap". This comes up a lot in Sits Family games. Along with "Almost Long Straight".

I hate that Long Straight.

Comment

Introduced my children to Yahtzee on holiday this year. They were proper rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
              I look forward to reading an article of news in the Western Mail, some time not so far from now, about the unusual citation of an "unbearably over-competitive Yahtzee strategy based on his frankly anal collection of data points from previous games" in a Cardiff couple's divorce case.
              Nah, I'm aiming for publication in a gaming journal. And she beats me enough times to ignore my nonsense.

Comment

Are you really? That's interesting then, good luck with it.

Comment

Never played it, which is odd because we play lots of games.

Comment

"Cynicism and Optimism as playing strategies in a dice game."

Comment

Working...
                    X