No announcement yet.

World Cup Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yeah, I forgot about this Nations League carry on.

I tried to figure out how it works, but I have absolutely no interest.

Comment

The interest is purely in the comedy aspects of such a shit, grossly unfair format.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        The interest is purely in the comedy aspects of such a shit, grossly unfair format
        Who is it unfair to? The top 20 teams will still get through; the 24th ranked can hardly gurn about missing a supposedly elite tournament; someone like Crnagora or Eesti will have their place in the Sun; and maybe best of all us minnows will get at least 14 competitive games in a 2 year cycle rather than 10 as now

Comment

Except there's far too much football, both club and international games.

Less is more.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
            someone like Crnagora or Eesti will have their place in the Sun
            To get royally spanked, and probably park the bus. Utterly pointless. Of course the 24th team may have done the same but it's less likely..

Comment

Cheer up SD. It will hardly be pointless for whoever gets in via Nations League D, while you and other purists can switch channel. It isn't grossly unfair just because it bores you

(cg and ee have reached the play-offs in recent series with only 13 or 16 qualifiers btw)
              Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 21-12-2017, 14:04.

Comment

I did say it would be entertaining, not boring, but for the wrong reasons.

Comment

We'll revisit this "unfair" question when we have witnessed the hilarious spectacle of two teams in League C meeting in the final round in the knowledge that they are going to finish in the bottom two places, both trying to lose the match just so they'll have the easier route to the next big tournament via the next edition of League D.

Comment

I don't really know where to put this but thought it should be honoured for old time's sake:

North Korea and South Korea meet in momentous match.

Comment

It's on my birthday. You're welcome to join at Bel Air's top Kimchi joint for pre-match refreshments, if Taffghanistan don't have a game
                      Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 17-01-2018, 13:01.

Comment

Working...
                      X