X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-match Strolls

An important and vital work.

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    That is good. In my opinion, the Wales squad would have had a more rewarding walk if they'd gone in the other direction around Dinard beach (i.e. towards the west). Maybe they went that way the next day.

Comment

Well, they had plenty of time there to try alternative routes.

Such is Dinard’s near-mythical status for the Welsh, a friend of mine is currently on a long weekend there with his wife as a surprise 50th birthday present for her.

He’s staying at the hotel the team used and said he started crying when he walked in. He’s mental, mind.

Comment

Point of order, it was a surprise birthday present for him, from her.
        It being the other way round would surely have been the last straw for one of the most tolerant women we know.

Comment

On the original topic, I used to live on the river/canal front in Lincoln, which was along from one of the city's main hotels. As a result I would often open my curtains of a Saturday morning, to see a lower-league side taking a disinterested amble past the window; Peter Taylor and his Wycombe squad being one memorable example.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
            Point of order, it was a surprise birthday present for him, from her.
            It being the other way round would surely have been the last straw for one of the most tolerant women we know.
            Oh yeah, very good points both on the correction and testament to her suffering. I redrafted that a few times so must have screwed up the direction of the gift somehow.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-10-2017, 15:34.

Comment

I'm following that Twitter account now.

Comment

I saw the Cardiff Met squad walking around Llandudno yesterday morning.

Comment

Also following now

Comment

I've followed it and instructed my followers to follow it.

Comment

Careful, there'll be a rush.

What a great theme, love it. They almost all look so thoroughly unimpressed at having to be strolling wherever it is they're strolling, bless their little hearts. Particular amused by the selfie with Rooney where the composition somehow means you'd think he was the fan, not the player, if you didn't know.

Comment

Great Twitter acc/. Reminds me of this cultural walk on the Great Wall of China (at 1'22):

"When you’ve seen one wall, you’ve seen them all haven’t you?"

... brought to you courtesy of John Trewick, during West Brom’s extraordinary two-week (5 matches) 1978 tour of China. He got ribbed for it and replied that his comment was purely in jest. Maybe so but I'll always prefer to think that it wasn't.
                        Last edited by Pérou Flaquettes; 17-10-2017, 20:41.

Comment

Working...
                        X