Who put the **** in Scunthorpe? Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who put the **** in Scunthorpe? Weekend Matchgoing

Because if **** is hope, they can't spell...

Rotherham United v Scunthorpe United.

Having been ill all week since Wales' double header in Tbilisi and Cardiff, hoping to have recovered sufficiently to be able to see my nearest Doncaster game of the season, at Charlton

Comment

Weekend off for me. I had been weirdly really looking forward to playing in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup for the first time, imagining a nice trip to somewhere a bit unchartered – be it Heybridge Swifts, Truro, Haringey Borough or anywhere - but we get lumbered with the shittest draw imaginable, away to a team who'll beat us, at a ground we've been to loads of times before, against a team we've played too often. So Dagenham's being swerved and it's a family day instead. Fuck it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
        Having been ill all week since Wales' double header in Tbilisi and Cardiff, hoping to have recovered sufficiently to be able to see my nearest Doncaster game of the season, at Charlton
        I think I'm still suffering from the manic mood swings of that double header too and have been plunged in to misery and ennui all week (though maybe it's all just after-effects from the karaoke we suffered in the early hours of Saturday morning).

Consequently, I am teaching football a lesson and going to Harlequins v Stade Rochelais in the European Champions Cup with my wife and son. That said, I was trying to find a game relatively near to Twickenham that I could fit in prior to the 5:30pm kick off but family commitments and Saturday afternoon traffic might make it impossible.

Comment

Bradford at home. My dad's not going so I'm taking my former boss who's a Bantam, and who I interviewed about the fire for my book.

Dreading it. I'm expecting a humping by about three, perhaps four, goals.

Comment

Not sure about the thread title, it's now called Shorpe because I left in 1986...

Saturday evening will see me at one of the first of this season's games in the Corona League, the secondary, social, yet still competitive 10-team competition. I will 'enjoy' the quality football on offer between North Village and the Royal Bermuda Regiment, who will be making their debut in the Corona. Sunday afternoon means a trip to the very east of the island to see two of last season's promoted sides, who, after 3 games, have the grand total of 1 point and 1 goal between them. I will be at Garrison Field to see X-Roads Warriors vs Young Men's Social Club.

Comment

None for me this weekend unless visiting sister in law decides she does want a day in Torquay with Mrs Thistle in which case I will carry on to Plymouth v Shrewsbury. But at the moment the plan is to go to the farm shop and say hello to the baby alpacas.

(I'm also convinced Shrewsbury will lose and end their remarkable run. It's the 13th game of the season and Plymouth are rock bottom. Feels like a guaranteed home banker.)

Comment

No game for me this weekend because Andy Morrell hates cup competitions.

Comment

St Albans vs Boreham Wood on the Iplayer at lunchtime (probably live-blogging that, as it's on at the same time as Liverpool vs Manchester United), then off to Woodside Road for Worthing vs Metropolitan Police. Worthing have been playing home matches at Bognor so far this season because they had problems with their 3g pitch, so this is their first "home" home match of the season. A fiver in, apparently, and they're expecting a big crowd. They've only got two points from thirteen games so far this season, mind. It'll be my boy's first match, but I doubt whether he'll take much notice of it.

Comment

Bohemian fc v Cork city, Cork can win the league tonight if they beat us, I have no desire to watch another team celebrate on my patch and would give it a miss e except for
                    1. The votes for the player of the year are being collected tonight and I said I'd help
                    2.my mate is the P.A man and he called me yesterday that he has a gig with his band and needs to run straight after the game and could I disassemble the gear and put it away, so far no problem except for
                    3. While out for a run on my lunchtime I tripped on a manhole and twisted my ankle, which is swelled like a balloon which will make carrying three cases and a heavy backpack down 30 steps in the standa little tricky
                    The things we do for our club!

Comment

Got some cheap train tickets in the Virgin sale a while back so off to see the class 31s at the Nene Valley gala followed by Peterborough Sports v Romulus in Northern Premier League Division One South.

Comment

I’ll either go to Stewkley v Buckingham Athletic or Buckingham Town v Winslow United, which are both in the Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy 1st Round [edit - 2nd Round, in fact. Imagine not knowing that, etc.]. Stewkley is a village to the south-west of MK and their team plays in the North Bucks & District League, into which I have never thus far ventured - which is the main reason for going there. Buckingham Town is familiar territory, but it has the potential to be a very decent game against Winslow. Decisions, decisions.
                        Last edited by Furtho; 14-10-2017, 06:38.

Comment

Overtime in the morning then top of the table Athletic v Blackburn United.

Offered a freebie for Hibs v Aberdeen but there's no competition there really.

Comment

Sister in law is too tired for a Devonian trip tomorrow, so alpacas it is.

Comment

I was going to go to a local match in Liverpool this weekend, but I had a half day today so decided to cross the England/ Wales border about fifteen times to get to Presteigne St Andrews for this evenings Mid-Wales League Cup tie with Knighton. The visitors were the better side in the first half but took until the 44th minute to take the lead, the ball eventually going in after hitting the bar twice in the buildup. Presteigne looked better in the second half but it was Knighton that again got the only goal of the half.

Tomorrow I'm doing the Parkrun at Hereford racecourse, then not entirely where I'm going. Maybe Bishops Cleeve v Barnstaple Town.

Comment

After witnessing a hard fought point at Tranmere last weekend, and fired by FA Cup Fever, I am planning on my second away game of the season, a trip to Kidderminster v Chester. As ever, going with the assumption that there is no glory filled cup run this year.

Comment

Brentford v Millwall

Surely a first home win if the season......please.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                                    I’ll either go to Stewkley v Buckingham Athletic or Buckingham Town v Winslow United, which are both in the Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy 1st Round [edit - 2nd Round, in fact. Imagine not knowing that, etc.]. Stewkley is a village to the south-west of MK and their team plays in the North Bucks & District League, into which I have never thus far ventured - which is the main reason for going there. Buckingham Town is familiar territory, but it has the potential to be a very decent game against Winslow. Decisions, decisions.
                                    This just in - it’s Buckingham Town v Winslow United for me this afternoon. Should be an absolute belter, two clubs doing well this season in their respective Step 6 divisions.

Comment

Late decision to take in Litherland Remy v Holker Old Boys in the NW Counties 1st division. I can count less than 30 spectators so unless all the players and officials have bought raffle tickets I must have a decent chance of winning that.

Comment

We're already missing chances and turning the Scunny keeper into a world beater...

Comment

Absolute cracker for us, followed up by a seriously impressive back-flip celebration.

Comment

Brackley Town v Billericay Town in the FA Cup for me. The hosts are1-0 up at halftime but have had a man sent off.

Comment

The fact that we're ahead at half time is due to both sides' profligacy and both sides' keepers...

Comment

Ballsacks - didn't win the raffle.

In happier news Remy have rattled in three goals in 9 minutes since the break, when the score was 0-0.

Comment

Our stunningly good goalie, after yet another amazing save, has broken himself.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X