No announcement yet.

UEFA Nations League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a header! There’s been some great finishes tonight.

Not entirely sure it was a corner in the first place, mind.

Comment

Jesus wept, what the hell was Pickford doing there?

Comment

No idea. Spain's full-team temper tantrum was very, very funny though.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
          No idea. Spain's full-team temper tantrum was very, very funny though.
          I think any team in the world would react the same to being denied a clear penalty and red card for the opposing keeper, to be fair.

Comment

Undoubtedly. I still laughed.

Comment

Would love to see Luxembourg qualify, but hardly likely given Kosovo's form.

Comment

Estonia - Hungary is a corker. 3-3 now.

Comment

Pity Hungary are in all red, their red/white/green would have looked great against Estonia’s blue/black/white.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                    Would love to see Luxembourg qualify, but hardly likely given Kosovo's form.
                    Kosovo only drew against Faroes yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      I think any team in the world would react the same to being denied a clear penalty and red card for the opposing keeper, to be fair.
                      How Rodrigo didn't just bury that anyway is beyond me.

Comment

Or hit the deck, which I imagine would have secured the penalty.

Danny Mills on Sky claiming that Sterling being tripped outside the box “evens out” the Rodrigo penalty call, the halfwit.

Comment

Was it outside? I thought it was right on the line. (I'll concede it was nowhere near as clear cut, though.)

Comment

Looked quite clearly outside to me on the replays, I think Sky’s commentary team conceded so and they were calling for everything.

Comment

Evens out the disallowed goal at Wembley?

Comment

Evens out the fact that England aren't very good?

Comment

Anyone see Cunty Ramos having a sneaky stamp on Sterling?

https://twitter.com/lfcrealtalk/stat...982833664?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                    Anyone see Cunty Ramos having a sneaky stamp on Sterling?

https://twitter.com/lfcrealtalk/stat...982833664?s=21
                                    To be fair to big Sergi, he normally kicks people right in front of the referee. 25 La Liga tarjetas rojas and counting?

Comment

If england have to do well, I'm really glad that it's Raheem Sterling there at the forefront leading the charge. That first goal was a thing of beauty, all the way through, but that finish was beautiful. I've got to say Harry Kane was fantastic. That was about as good a line leading performance as you could ask for from a centre forward. the problem for England in the long term is that Spain are one of the few countries that are going to play a high line against England, and allow them to strike on the counter attack. It's not going to be like that very often I'm afraid. though hopefully it will stop people trying to blame Raheem Sterling for everything from the smaller bars of chocolate, to the Northern Ireland Backstop.

Comment

There was a joke text on the radio this morning saying how rubbish Sterling was because he didn't score a hat trick of have the decency to bleed when Ramos stamped on him.

Comment

You'd have to wonder at Luis Enrique's tactical nous if he watched England play in the World Cup and still thought it was a good idea to play a high line.

It suggests that Spain only know one way to play, irrespective of the coach, and that cannot be good for their prospects. Football has moved on tactically even from 2008-2012 and they do not have Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta and Xabi Alonso to plug those huge gaps.

This takes nothing away from the England front three, who were superb.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                            hopefully it will stop people trying to blame Raheem Sterling for everything from the smaller bars of chocolate, to the Northern Ireland Backstop
                                            We haven't got a backstop any more. Baby Face-Painter and Lewis are young and nervous, Big G and Hughesy have finally been jettisoned in time for their joint 39th birthday party next month, while Evans and Cathcart looked like they'd just met for the first time to smoke some crack with McNair in the changing room.

Comment

If NI can't defend anymore, they will slide very rapidly as they are not exactly a goal machine.

Comment

Seems we had 45 attempts in the 3 games. Darius Vassell's cousin Kyle may step up, who knows.

To be fair to us, recent results against similar-standard teams or better don't necessarily mean we'll founder in League C/ 3rd seeding. Haven't lost competitively by 3 or more since 2011.

Comment

Jamal Lewis is coming on in leaps and bounds for Norwich this season. Once he finds his feet at international level I think you'll have a real gem at left back.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                                    Darius Vassell's cousin Kyle may step up, who knows.
                                                    Hope so. It's nice to have a home international playing for us again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X