The 2018 At Home XI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2018 At Home XI

Not too early to start picking this, I think, given the countries already out.

Bravo, Blind, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Bale and Sanchez on the "team 33" sheet for a start?
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 11-10-2017, 09:49.

Vidal and Pjanic

Comment

Theo Haile Selassie. OK, he might be a bit crap organising an offside trap but the boy is an emperor...

Comment

Hamsik, since Slovakia ended up 9th best of the runners up and so don't get a play-off place.

Comment

Would Robben get in the team or is he past it?

Comment

Would Dzeko get a place on the bench?

Comment

Mkhitaryan in midfield and Oblak in goal.

Surely Robben wouldn't play for this team as he has retired from international football.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                Hamsik, since Slovakia ended up 9th best of the runners up and so don't get a play-off place.
                Seconded. Hamsik is brilliant.

Comment

Gonna nominate Aaron Ramsey here.

Comment

Aubameyang? Pulisic? Naby Keita?

Comment

Seconded on Vidal, who was arguably the only reason Chile were still in with a shout on the last day of qualifying.

Comment

y these names not goin Russia shuld be world cup i googled perunama they got nobody in prem except that watford bloke hes rubbish

Comment

Top bantz tee rex

Comment

How has Ramsey been playing for Arsenal? He had a nightmare in the Liverpool hammering last month [EDIT: August 27] and was subbed off. Does that affect his Wales form?

Comment

L'Equipe did this yesterday

There may be some changes once the African qualifiers and playoffs are over.

Comment

I'd have Hamsik for Pjanic, but that's still a mighty impressive team. And you'd still have Blind, Ramsey, Mahrez, Arda Turan, Claudio Bravo and Clint Dempsey on the bench.

Comment

I'd have thought L'Equipe would know what colour our first-choice shirts were.

As for a bench, there does seem to be a lack of options for a back-up keeper. Bravo has been mentioned upthread which would be fine if you didn't run the risk of getting the Manchester City version.

Who else is there though?

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                    I'd have Hamsik for Pjanic, but that's still a mighty impressive team. And you'd still have Blind, Ramsey, Mahrez, Arda Turan, Claudio Bravo and Clint Dempsey on the bench.
                                    Bravo has a lot of practice at that.

Comment

You could always take Handanovic - the Inter keeper who is Oblak’s backup with Slovenia - as his backup in this squad.

I agree on Hamsik for Pjanic, and am unconvinced by Alaba, who has fallen off a cliff recently. That said, there isn’t an obvious replacement at left back.

Comment

I was going to suggest Valencia in my post last night, but the internet was playing up and by the time I managed to get the page to load properly I'd forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          ...unconvinced by Alaba, who has fallen off a cliff recently. That said, there isn’t an obvious replacement at left back.
                                          Er... Ben Davies? Would have been a ridiculous suggestion until fairly recently but if Pochettino picks on merit then Danny Rose will have a bloody hard time getting his place back.

Comment

Working...
                                          X