Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Just a friendly warning not to waste two hours of your life, should someone offer to get you tickets, as someone did while I was out the house, and frau imp accepted, and I just went along (as I do). Still, I had a nice pint of Louisiana Stout and some tender beef ribs beforehand.

I see more and more why people don't bother going to the cinema. Well, by 'people' I mean raging curmudgeons (I meant to write 'aging' there, but spellcheck changed it and I'm going to leave it). The fucking previews (all of intelligence-abusing, absolutely mindless, screen-pulverising, numbingly stupid action/superhero epic shite) and the adverts last for half an hour, then an ice-cream break, and then three more fucking previews before the fucking shite fucking film you don't want to see anyway starts. And it was so loud I had to turn my hearing-aids down to zero and it still fucking battered my ears for extra punishment.

Final verdict: absolute fucking garbage, but like a lot of garbage, it's recycled, and will get recycled again to wring out every last fucking ounce of garbage within, so it will still be fucking garbage, but even emptier fucking garbage than the fucking garbage they started out with.

This fence-sitting isn't your style, imp - what did you really think of it?

Joking aside, mrs b went to see it at the weekend with her pals (one of them has a thing for Channing Tatum) and came back with pretty much the same review.

Comment

Surely this was one of the most predictably shit films in quite some time? Everything about the original one sounded execrable (wasn’t it actually conceived deliberately to have a tie-in clothing/accessories line?) and even people who liked that have said the sequel is a crass mis-step.

Comment

Mark Millar joint, innit? Everything he writes seems pure obnoxious and awful. The Alan McGee of comic book/movie/merch franchises.

Comment

I saw it last week, mostly because it was the second part of a meal/movie deal. My review: absolute dogshit. The burger was excellent, mind.

Comment

Working...
          X