Non-league Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-league Day.

My local match would be Stocksbridge Park Steels.

And there's no way I'm going to allow fucking Kippers to steal my oxygen.

There was a Rangers fan at Vale Farm on Saturday with his young daughter. She seemed to enjoy it, and he definitely did, and was interested when we pointed out that there was likely to be a match there each Satuday as Wembley and Cricklewood alternate...

Comment

Really nice write-up in the local rag following the Hitchin v Stratford match.

"Forget about the top level of English football for a moment.

Forget about the inflated prices, the sanitised all-seater stadia, the frequent laments about the lack of atmosphere, the shifting kick-off times that have so distorted the once inviolate 3pm kick off on a Saturday that Premier League fans groups are pleading for broadcasters not to arrange fixtures on the afternoon before Christmas Day.

Forget all that.

And choose safe standing. Choose drinking beer while standing. Choose kids at the front playing happily while parents stand at the back catching up with pals. Choose cheap tickets. Choose changing ends at half-time. Choose a club that embraces community initiatives. Choose a local team so embedded in a town it supports everything from Armed Forces events to Ladies Day. Choose non-league football."

Comment

That's a cracking article, love it.

Comment

Working...
        X