No announcement yet.

It's Trigger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Davison in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy as the cow bred for eating at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. When I first saw the programme, I was thinking "why does Doctor Who want to be eaten?"

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
      Peter Davison in The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy as the cow bred for eating at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. When I first saw the programme, I was thinking "why does Doctor Who want to be eaten?"
      Going back to the programme in the OP, it never sat right with me as a child that Nicholas Lyndhurst was in The Two of Us and The Piglet Files as well as Only Fools and Horses. Surely he would have been a millionaire from the latter and he'd never have to work again? If he had been, it means we'd have been spared those WH Smith adverts where he played every member of the same family too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
        The list of Dr Who / Blake's 7 crossovers is a very long one.
        There can be few more splendid names than Stratford Johns.

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
          Going back to the programme in the OP, it never sat right with me as a child that Nicholas Lyndhurst was in The Two of Us and The Piglet Files as well as Only Fools and Horses. Surely he would have been a millionaire from the latter and he'd never have to work again? If he had been, it means we'd have been spared those WH Smith adverts where he played every member of the same family too.
          I suspect that his agent telling him that he was the real star of OFAH and not that Jason bloke had something to do with it.

Thanks for reminding me of those adverts. I didn't need that.

Comment

To me, Stephen Yardley was a manipulative, self seeking blind man in the TV series "Day of the Triffids". So when he turned up in "Howard's Way" as smooth, linen-suited playboy Ken Masters it just didn't ring true.

Comment

I love the Long Good Friday, but one of the main characters being Charlie from Casualty really throws me at times.

Roger Lloyd Pack popped up as a foreign assassin in an episode of the Professionals. That really puts you off the whole thing.
              Charlie from Casualty also appears as an IRA man in "The Wild Geese 2". (That film is the worst I have ever seen at the cinema)

Comment

Quadrophenia was a rich vein of this when I first saw it in the late-90s, obviously. "Bloody hell, it's Jim Carver/Ray Winstone/Debs from Men Behaving Badly/the bloke who was in that band with Rodney in Only Fools and Horses" etc.

Comment

It took a while adapting to Lyndhurst in Only Fools having first encountered him as a middle class layabout in Butterflies.

Comment

Originally posted by lackedpunch View Post
                    To me, Stephen Yardley was a manipulative, self seeking blind man in the TV series "Day of the Triffids". So when he turned up in "Howard's Way" as smooth, linen-suited playboy Ken Masters it just didn't ring true.
                    He was also cat burglar Spider Scott in 'The XYY Man'.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                      It took a while adapting to Lyndhurst in Only Fools having first encountered him as a middle class layabout in Butterflies.
                      So you missed him as Norman Stanley Fletcher's son in Going Straight?

Comment

When I first saw Stuart McGugan presenting Play School, I kept expecting Windsor Davies to run onto the set, press his cheek against Stuart's and say, "Lovely boy, you h'isn't shouting h'at 'Umpty h'as loud h'as you does h'ought to do."

Comment

See also Jeremy Irons' spell in Play Away.

Comment

Double checked Sheards IMDB entry confirmed he also was a U-Boat captain in Raiders of the Lost Ark. He played Nazis a lot, Hitler and Himmler multiple times.

Also another to do the Doctor Who / Blakes 7 / Coronation Street triumvirate. And The Professionals / The Sweeney / The New Avengers. Shit... down the rabbit hole I go...
                            I saw Empire Strikes Back when it aired on TV and there was Mr Bronson as a Star Destroyer captain.

Comment

Hugh Laurie has done this twice. Firstly he showed up in House and it was difficult for me to think of him as anything other than Hugh Laurie. Now when I see him in anything (like Zootopia) I think "oh look it's House"

Comment

I suspect that his agent telling him that he was the real star of OFAH and not that Jason bloke had something to do with it.

Thanks for reminding me of those adverts. I didn't need that.
                                Here's one of them, with a young Russell Tovey on the checkout too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fehj_yZD6Lk

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                  I always assume that most BBC stars from that era weren't spectacularly paid, which is why they went and did any old shite on ITV (including adverts) for the cash. I was curious about this and did a quick search just now and as the only relevant quote came from the Mail I won't link it but David Jason had a grumble about this a couple of years ago:

'Don't get me started on BBC salaries,' he says. 'We were never the big league. Situation comedy has always been the poor relation in the television entertainment business. It doesn't matter how popular you are, if you are a jobbing actor, you are a jobbing actor. The clever ones these days set up their own production companies and make the money that way. But it wasn't really done in my day, you got what you got. And that was never as much as people thought.'

I'm sure they still did more than ok by most people's standards though.

Comment

I hope Jason was well-paid for his work with Cosgrove Hall. I've got some original Danger Mouse cels and I absolutely treasure them.

Comment

Mick Fleetwood in The Running Man. Directed by Starsky.

Guy Siner ('Allo 'Allos Lieutenant Gruber) in Doctor Who - Genesis of the Daleks.

While on an 'Allo 'Allo thing, Kim Hartman, who plays Helga, is the aunt of Batman / Inception / Dunkirk director Christopher Nolan.
                                      Guy Siner pops up in an episode of Seinfeld as well, though cannot remember which one. It's only brief.

Jim Norton (Bishop Brennan from Father Ted) is in an episode of Frasier playing a butler in a snobby gentleman's club. He doesn't get kicked up the arse in this one.

Comment

Kim Hartman has a small role in Dunkirk playing one of the skippers of the little boats, Kenneth Branagh shouts to her what port she's from and she answers back

Comment

I used to watch a lot of American comedies on Channel 4 and regular extras turn up in them.

This meant when I watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show it was weird to see Barry Bostwick, who I knew as the mayor in Spin City.

Comment

Fantastic. Does she shout back in a cod-German accent?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                              Kim Hartman has a small role in Dunkirk playing one of the skippers of the little boats, Kenneth Branagh shouts to her what port she's from and she answers back
                                              Her Son was in it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                I used to watch a lot of American comedies on Channel 4 and regular extras turn up in them.

This meant when I watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show it was weird to see Barry Bostwick, who I knew as the mayor in Spin City.
                                                I remember him primarily for playing the title role in a miniseries on George Washington in the 80s. It had a profound influence on how I pictured that era.

Comment

Ready Player One features Finchy from "The Office" as the greasy mulleted stepfather of the hero.

Comment

Does he throw a kettle over a pub?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X