X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honor Blackman and Wendy Craig turning up in Unforgotten

Comment

Originally posted by lackedpunch View Post
      Ready Player One features Finchy from "The Office" as the greasy mulleted stepfather of the hero.
      Finchy also pops up in The Witch. Except I watched it in German with dubbing and didn't realise it was him for ages. He was all long-haired'n'buff.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
        Honor Blackman and Wendy Craig turning up in Unforgotten
        I read that as Honor Blackman and Wendy Craig turning up in Unforgiven at first. Now that really would be a vision to conjure with.

Comment

Of course, Nerys Hughes was up for Craig’s part, but Eastwood didn’t think she had the chops to pull it off. Blinded by Wendy’s tour de force in Butterflies, Clint failed to see the depths of pathos and nuance Nerys brought to the Liver Birds.

The rest is history. Wendy Craig nailed the whore with a heart of gold role, took it places beyond the script.

Comment

Emlyn Hughes was a candidate for Trigger given his Crazy Horse nickname but A Question of Sport refused to release him from his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
              Of course, Nerys Hughes was up for Craig’s part, but Eastwood didn’t think she had the chops to pull it off. Blinded by Wendy’s tour de force in Butterflies, Clint failed to see the depths of pathos and nuance Nerys brought to the Liver Birds.

The rest is history. Wendy Craig nailed the whore with a heart of gold role, took it places beyond the script.
              Hehehehe, stop! My mind can't take this picture LS.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
                Finchy also pops up in The Witch. Except I watched it in German with dubbing and didn't realise it was him for ages. He was all long-haired'n'buff.
                I found him more believable in "The Witch" as a British man than as an American in "Ready Player One". I wonder if Spielberg cast him in "Ready Player One" as the director was looking for an actor who US audiences wouldn't recognise. The problem is that any UK viewer will think "Blimey - it's Finchy with a short sleeved denim jacket pretending to be American!"

Comment

Alexis Sayle in the Temple of Doom was pretty suspension of disbelief breaking and led to loud pointing at the pictures when I was 8.

Comment

Maybe Spielberg’s Pinewood casting director savours their “classic comedy”, subscribes to Dave and everything.

Comment

Last Crusade, wasn't it?

Comment

Along that line, I didn't know til recently that the guy who (temporarily) steals the gold head from Indiana Jones right at the beginning of Raiders of The Lost Ark ["Throw me the head. I'll throw you the whip...no time to argue."] is Alfred Molina in one of his first roles.

Comment

It is. His first day in movies involved having his back covered in spiders.

Comment

Working...
                          X