Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloria Allred is pretty quiet....

Comment

Not especially. She's been in the press in the last couple of days upsetting Donna Rotunno and separately denying that her clients are set to sue Weinstein in civil court once the verdict comes in. Other than that, I'm sure she's erring on the side of the judge's wishes not to be too vocal while the jury is deliberating (unlike Rotunno).

Comment

Verdict incoming

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/Jan_Ransom/status/1231983068501696512[/URL]

Comment

That is a surprise after seeming so deadlocked.

Comment

Likely a single holdout (or at most two), which is why he was acquitted on the most serious charges.

Judges will generally warn juries facing deadlock not to engage in horse trading of that sort, but it happens all the time.
              Last edited by ursus arctos; 24-02-2020, 17:11.

Comment

I presume he'll appeal and stay out of prison but what's the likelihood he'll actually spend time inside?

Comment

I believe one of the conviction is a minimum 5 year penalty.

Comment

His only chance of avoiding several years in prison is to win an appeal

Comment

They just tried to explain on BBC Radio 5 live why he was found not guilty of Predatory Sexual Assault – it was complicated, relating in some sense to the fact that it needed several of the different convictions all to be guilty, or something like that?
                      Last edited by diggedy derek; 24-02-2020, 17:20.

Comment

He was remanded after the verdict. Will he sit in stir until sentencing, or is bail possible?

Comment

Ahahahaha

[URL]https://twitter.com/maggieserota/status/1231992935908093953[/URL]

Comment

It requires the defendant to be found guilty of sexual assault in the first degree against at least two different victims, which didn't happen here.

A person is guilty of predatory sexual assault when he or she commits the crime of rape in the first degree, criminal sexual act in the first degree, aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree, or course of sexual conduct against a child in the first degree, as defined in this article, and when:

1. In the course of the commission of the crime or the immediate flight therefrom, he or she:

(a) Causes serious physical injury to the victim of such crime; or

(b) Uses or threatens the immediate use of a dangerous instrument; or

2. He or she has engaged in conduct constituting the crime of rape in the first degree, criminal sexual act in the first degree, aggravated sexual abuse in the first degree, or course of sexual conduct against a child in the first degree, as defined in this article, against one or more additional persons; or

3. He or she has previously been subjected to a conviction for a felony defined in this article, incest as defined in section 255.25 of this chapter or use of a child in a sexual performance as defined in section 263.05 of this chapter.

Predatory sexual assault is a class A-II felony.
                            The reason why the prosecution had Sciorra testify about the incident from the 90s was to establish a predicate for that charge, but the holdout(s) were unwilling to convict (whether because of credibility concerns, the passage of time, or something else, we may never know).
                            Last edited by ursus arctos; 24-02-2020, 17:40.

Comment

He will apply for bail.

It is a harder sell than it was before the conviction, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got it for a big number with reasonably serious restrictions (ankle bracelet, surrendering passport, etc.)

Comment

He still has court dates in LA right? When are they scheduled?

Comment

I don't believe that those have been set as of yet

They will want him to be sentenced first

Comment

https://twitter.com/kristindonnelly/status/1232100928066662401

Comment

When I saw the name of the NY County DA on the news last night I was instantly transported back 40 years.

Comment

After a week's delay, HW is on his way to Rikers Island. Sentencing is next Wednesday.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it

He'll get carsick or something

Comment

Heart surgery

He actually got someone to put in a stent

Which means that he will be in the hospital at Rikers

What a miserable excuse for a.human, even by our debased current standards

Comment

He's going to drag his feet every last inch of the way.

Sentence pool, anyone? I'm hoping for 11 years. I'm predicting 7.

Comment

Isn't that the exact plot of 'Get Hard'?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  Heart surgery

He actually got someone to put in a stent

Which means that he will be in the hospital at Rikers

What a miserable excuse for a.human, even by our debased current standards
                                                  Stenting isn’t really surgery. Short recovery time. He should have gone for an open hear quadruple bypass surgery, whether he needed it or not.

Comment

I presume that anyone performing such a procedure would be concerned about their license and admitting privileges.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X