X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew..

Root needs to get 150 and have Moeen or Bairstow get a 50. At minimum

Comment

2nd new ball will also be crucial. 18 overs away.

Comment

Ah, you can't hold me responsible for that jinx. I was talking from the point of view of England's slow scoring –*it's going to take them a long time to get there.

Comment

Too late. It's entirely your fault

Comment

Well and Cummings who appears to be completely brilliant

Comment

It's 50/50, I tell you. Genuinely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                It's 50/50, I tell you. Genuinely.
                Not with the bookies - still 3/1 England

Comment

The Barmy Army could break in overnight, vandalise the wicket and paint "David Davis is innocent" on the outfield...

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                    The Barmy Army could break in overnight, vandalise the wicket and paint "David Davis is innocent" on the outfield...
                    Instant Sham 69 earworm...

Comment

There's gonna be a Bairstow Breakout
                      You're a batter man than I
                      Hurry up England
                      Men against Hersham Boys
                      Angelo Matthews with dirty faces
                      DRS Questions and Answers

Comment

Someone needs to get out more!

Comment

I don't want anyone getting out until we've reached 354.

Comment

Thought it was George Davis' supporters vandalised the Headingley wicket. 5th day pitch and new ball due midway through the first session, England will struggle to make it through to dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                              Thought it was George Davis' supporters vandalised the Headingley wicket...
                              With the help of Brexiteering tory bastards, I'll warrant

Comment

I'd rather Bairstow came in next, with Moeen to follow. Whatever, both of them need a score. Agree on Cummins – an absolute joy to watch.

Terrific Test this, now, but Australia should still win it comfortably. Particularly if Root fails to convert, on which he has lots of form of course.

Comment

One thing’s for certain: one captain has made a decision that will hang over him for years.

Comment

I think in both cases you could argue that the captain was let down by his players. Not Root's fault his bowlers failed on the first day. Not Smith's fault if his bowlers cannot defend 353 given an evening session under lights followed by a 5th day pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                      I'd rather Bairstow came in next, with Moeen to follow. Whatever, both of them need a score. Agree on Cummins – an absolute joy to watch.

Terrific Test this, now, but Australia should still win it comfortably. Particularly if Root fails to convert, on which he has lots of form of course.
                                      I'd rather Bairstow came in next, with Moeen to follow: agree. Bairstow has a better long-innings temperament and Moeen is better suited to farming the strike with the tail
                                      Whatever, both of them need a score: agree
                                      Cummins – an absolute joy to watch: agree, based on highlights
                                      Terrific Test this, now, but Australia should still win it comfortably: agree. Weight of history, and that
                                      Particularly if Root fails to convert, on which he has lots of form: agree. I don't have time to look it up, but on top of his middling scores, doesn't he also have a habit of falling near start of morning sessions when continuing with a good overnight score?

Still hoping against hope. The er, mental disintegration that an England victory would visit upon the Aussies would only add to the joy.

Comment

Oh great, Woakes is gone already. And Moeen is in.

Comment

There goes the night watchman. Ali is 7, which is perhaps the wrong decision as it may leave YJB stranded.

Comment

Lyon to Ali would be risky but interesting.

Comment

But Aus are gambling on the quicks finishing it, er, quick.

Comment

Root gone.

Comment

Last 10 overs 19/3, probably the decisive slice of the game.

Comment

Turned out to be immaterial whether Ali or Bairstow came in next because they arrived just a few balls apart.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X