No announcement yet.

I, I, I am gonna play Sun City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South African hip hop outfit Die Antwoord joins the shitlist (and would have been on it already, if I followed their adventures).

Jamiroquai are playing the same venue next Wednesday. It's only 50km to Gaza. Maybe they can join the Israelis who put up viewing platfirms to watch the IDF's murders of peaceful protesters and journalists.
    Last edited by G-Man; 25-04-2018, 04:03.

Comment

Satchmo Distel suggested(?) boycotting Florida. A number of acts boycotted North Carolina because of its absurd bathroom regulations.

Comment

Cliff Richard announced on TOTP in 1980 that he was going to spend a month in South Africa. I think this apartheid-enabling comment was left in the BBC 4 repeats.

Comment

Shakira has cancelled her Tel Aviv concert after protests. Why a singer of Lebanese background decided to play Tel Aviv in the first place is a mystery. Still, there's an upside to that: by first agreeing to play Tel Aviv and then pulling out, artists like Shakira and Lorde are highlighting the boycott movement.

Whereas Enrique Iglesias has just played Tel Aviv, so he joins the shitlist.

Comment

Pharrell Williams has doubled down on his love for ethnic cleansing by attending a fundraiser for the IDF. Also a fan of apartheid is Ziggy Marley, who is a disgrace to his father. Also there was Katherine McPhee, whom I barely remember from the 2000s.

Alongside the singing shitlisters were actors Gerard Butler (whom I never liked anyway) and Ashton Kutsher (ditto)

Comment

Working...
            X