TV Flounces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Flounces

Cases of people stroppily storming out of interviews and other staged events:

John Nott walking out of a Robin Day interview

Jim Callaghan doing the same to Brian Walden

Bee Gees and Clive Anderson

Any others?

Krishnan Guru-Murthy has previous when it comes to interviews taking a turn for the cringeworthy (Tarantino, Richard Ayoade etc.) but I think Robert Downey Jr. was the only one to get up and walk away.

Comment

Annabella Lwin (Bow Wow Wow) stormed off B A Robertson's lamentable BA in Music, 1981, after said Scottish presenter made discriminating remarks about her.

John Lydon walked off Juke Box Jury in 1979. Which one might rather expect.

Lemmy flounced out of Never Mind the Buzzcocks in 1998 - just ahead of my involvement in the show: unfortunately for the Motörhead man, the cameras had already stopped rolling. Preston out of Ordinary Boys did the same some years later. (I think Huey Morgan may have done so too - he certainly smashed a mug.)

Michael Winner came very close to walking from Richard Littlejohn's late-night chat show a few years back after the presenter made juvenile observations about the LBGT contingent in his audience. (As 'right' as he'd have been, it does rather beg the question: 'Well, what did you think it would be like?')

Somebody once walked out on one of Darcus Howe's programmes, but I forget who it was.

Comment

Working...
      X