Real Life Flounces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Life Flounces

So has anyone ever done one? Sitting in an office hating every second, practically willing the chief office irritant to push you too far so you gather up your things and march out for good?

I've nearly done it hundreds of times.

(Zero thread)

Not flounced as such but did quit a job after 1 day

Comment

Trying to do a telesales job punting ad space in trade pubs with F-all training.
      On the second Monday around about 11:30 I just got up, said "fuck this, life's too short" and walked out.

Comment

I flounced out of a Pub Quiz, accusing Mrs Anorak of not taking it seriously enough, when her answer to the question 'Type of raincoat named after a Scottish inventor?', was 'Kilt'.

Comment

Was the correct answer anorak?

Comment

Arf.

Comment

"Kagool"

Comment

My mate Roger went out with this girl during and after university for, like 4 or 5 years. Solid as a rock, they were. One weekend spent at his place, the next at hers, vacations, etc. Marriage was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Then one Sunday they had some stupid spat and he grabbed his bag and said (and this is the entirety of it) "See ya" and she said "See ya" and he walked out. They never saw or spoke to each other again.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                  Was the correct answer anorak?
                  <flounce>

Comment

Is it a Macintosh? Or a Mac something? The Beatles refer to it in Penny Lane.

Comment

Yes, it is indeed.

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                      "Kagool"
                      I don't think I could participate in any quiz that would accept that as the spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                        My mate Roger went out with this girl during and after university for, like 4 or 5 years. Solid as a rock, they were. One weekend spent at his place, the next at hers, vacations, etc. Marriage was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Then one Sunday they had some stupid spat and he grabbed his bag and said (and this is the entirety of it) "See ya" and she said "See ya" and he walked out. They never saw or spoke to each other again.
                        My separation from ex-Fräulein treibeis (after nine years) was slightly more protracted. I had to pack my bag after I'd grabbed it. And we had to meet up a couple of weeks later to return the respective other's flat keys.

Comment

I walked out of a job in a bar mid-shift as I was having a panic attack about University exams. I never went back (even to drink - the place was on Edinburgh's Cowgate so easily avoidable)

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                            Yes, it is indeed.

I don't think I could participate in any quiz that would accept that as the spelling.

A perfectly cromulent spelling of the word.

Comment

I wish I had some flounce stories. I thought about doing it during some jobs and i recall having fantasies about doing it during classes in high school. In Junior High, I just wanted to run away and keep going, but I was smart enough to know I wouldn't get far and that it would just make life more difficult for me. In college too, I was really struggling and wanted to hitch hike to the Yukon, but didn't have the energy to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                A perfectly cromulent spelling of the word.
                                I accept that people 'do' spell it thus, but I don't really see why when 'cagoule' would be easy enough both to spell and/or pronounce.

Comment

In my short-lived teenage rebellion phase, I once walked out of a three-hour physics exam before it had started. I asked the invigilator on the way in what time I was allowed to leave, he said whenever I wanted so I handed in a blank sheet of paper with my name on and went to get my hair cut instead.

Comment

Molly Ringwald could have played you in the story of your life.

Comment

I walked out of my photography course at Leicester College of Art. The director of the program — a tyrant of the first order — was incandescent because I'd organised an alternative exhibition of students' work at a café in town. He took it a s a personal insult. I said fuck that and walked out. Only one student, out of a cohort of ten, returned the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                        I walked out of my photography course at Leicester College of Art. The director of the program — a tyrant of the first order — was incandescent because I'd organised an alternative exhibition of students' work at a café in town. He took it a s a personal insult. I said fuck that and walked out. Only one student, out of a cohort of ten, returned the following year.
                                        Is that how you ended up doing graphic design instead?

Comment

Not exactly, but it contributed big-time to my growing antipathy towards photography as a career.

Comment

Working...
                                          X