Myxomatosis required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myxomatosis required

I don't know what this is, but it sure as hell isn't Peter Rabbit.

Yeah that looks shit. Even worse than the series on CBBC that my niece and nephew adore.

Comment

When I read the Beatrix Potter books as I youngster my favourite bits were always the bits involving cars.

Comment

"James Corden is..."

Fucking hell. I hope this takes a Watership Down turn pretty sharpish.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Yeah that looks shit. Even worse than the series on CBBC that my niece and nephew adore.
          I quite liked that. And the cub loved it for 6 months until he discovered Netflix for kids.
          Much better than the weird, unreadable originals.

Comment

It pisses me off how Mister Tod is such a fucking incompetent apex predator. He sees a rabbit. He falls on his arse. Drives me nuts.

Comment

Oh, the CBeebies version is all wrong, for sure. Our two are enjoying a Potter phase at the moment - books, TV, visits to various places in the Lakes - but there's no way they'll be watching this film.

With the books, we've found a few that have been simplified by Ladybird (taking out all the 'presentlies' and the padding of the originals) which work better for a quick story.

Anyway, Things That Are Wrong With "Peter Rabbit" on CBeebies:
              • Agree on Mr Tod.
              • Peter is supposed to be naughty and very nervous after his first time in Mr McGregor's garden, whereas on TV he's uber-brave. They've got him and Benjamin the wrong way around - it's Benjamin who takes Peter back into the garden the second time.
              • Old Brown the owl shouldn't be out in the day, and he flies far too slowly.
              • Tommy Brock the badger also shouldn't be out in the day.
              • Cottontail is the eldest of Mrs Rabbit's three daughters in the books (she hooks up with Benjamin) but in the CBeebies version she is a baby.
              • Benjamin's father is supposed to be a cat-sized brute of a buck rabbit, whereas on TV he's a nerdy inventor sort.
              • The other squirrels are not supposed to like Nutkin because he's a twat who jeopardises their nut-gathering trips to Old Brown's island. To be fair, they have nailed Nutkin himself.
              • The small birds are supposed to be able to talk as well. And it's especially weird that they don't, given that Old Brown does.

That'll do for starters, at least. Good to get these things off your chest.

Comment

That trailer. Jesus H Christ.

Comment

Agree, Kev. Jemima is annoying as well and her ducklings never grow up! They should be mardy teens by now.

Also the rat is in cahoots with Mr Tod who for some reason DOESN'T FUCKING EAT HIM!!

Comment

I think that the key point in all this is 'why the f*** does Corden have to be involved in all these things?'

Comment

I agree with Jah. Corden could well be the Jerry Lewis of our times, in so far as we have to take his supposed popularity entirely on trust, never actually coming across a single person in life who sees him as anything other than an aggressively needy humour vacuum.

Benjamin's a proper gangsta, alright. Strong hat too. Even so, as a child I'd probably have settled for him being called something, indeed anything, else.

Comment

Corden's Carpool Karaoke stuff is genuinely popular over here.

Comment

That is disconcerting. We send these people to you for an ego correction, to be returned to us as subdued ghosts of their formerly bumptious selves..

Comment

Because I can't watch YouTube, I don't know what this thread is all about...

Comment

Some muppets are producing a new CGI-filled "live action" Peter Rabbit film

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                Because I can't watch YouTube, I don't know what this thread is all about...
                                Dailymotion ok?

Comment

aggressively needy humour vacuum

Thank you, that's the perfect summary of the talentless gobshite and his irritating mateyness. I'm totally going to steal that.

Comment

Mr McGregor's being played by the same bloke who is currently appearing as AA Milne. Is he on an early twentieth century children's books being ruined trip?

Comment

Corden was alright in Gavin & Stacey, and tolerable in an episode of Dr Who.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Corden's Carpool Karaoke stuff is genuinely popular over here.
                                        There's a whole show of that now, but he's not in the car. Needless to say, it's funnier without him. But still not too funny.

Comment

Hugh Hefner has died. That's what this thread is about, right?

Comment

Ha, very good.

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                            Corden was alright in Gavin & Stacey, and tolerable in an episode of Dr Who.
                                            Agree - and he (well, he and Ruth Jones) showed some skills as a writer in the former, too. But, man alive, I doubt that there's ever been such a limited talent stretched further. (Well, not since Keith Allen anyway.)

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                                              Hugh Hefner has died. That's what this thread is about, right?
                                              Five Live breakfast had a former Playboy centerfold (sic) on the phone this morning, interviewing her about her time at the mansion in the 1970s - it started on reasonable terms but quickly descended into Nicky Campbell finding multiple ways to say tell us about the sex, and Rachel Burden, instead of reigning him in, joining in with ways to say yeah come on, tell us.

Comment

...and what detail, pray tell, did they imagine was going to pass muster on a national breakfast show?

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                                  ...and what detail, pray tell, did they imagine was going to pass muster on a national breakfast show?
                                                  I don't really want to contemplate the contents of Nicky Campbell's imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X