Six Feet To One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six Feet To One

William G Stewart is now asking questions at the Great Game Show In The Sky. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...1-dies-aged-84

Aw. He was great, no-nonsense without being a dick. Almost Magnusson levels of hosting.

Comment

I had a huge crush on this man.

Comment

No way!

Comment

Round our school folk were dead certain he was in the SAS. Like that gave a veneer of hardness to watching a bunch of auld nerds or something.

Comment

I liked the 'stern headmaster' vibe, and he was very nice when I met him.

Comment

I saw one social media post describe his persona as 'evil' which was rubbish. He wasn't evil at all, but he was great at disdain and amazement when a contestant got a question wrong that he felt was straightforward.

"What is the capital city of England?"
              "Edinburgh"
              "Edinburgh? How can it be Edinburgh?! You thick get."

(Or words to that effect)

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                I liked the 'stern headmaster' vibe, and he was very nice when I met him.
                Aye, I was feigning surprise at your crush, Gero.

Comment

R.I.P me oul mucker, as I said on another thread I appeared on 15 to 1 three times, lovely bloke, came around and chatted with everyone before the show, when you consider they shot three shows per day that's making small talk with 45 people every day

Comment

Louis Barfe has a great thread on Twitter on how WGS got paid £25,000 a season to not produce Family Fortunes. Click through for thread.

https://twitter.com/AlanKelloggs/status/910912645582196736
                    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 21-09-2017, 22:36.

Comment

A member of the OTF family had won Fifteen To One, I think. No?

Comment

It's almost certainly not me you're thinking of Derek but I did win 5 editions of 15-1 and appeared in one grand final (one of the ones that was won by the airline pilot Nick Terry) so I met William G Stewart several times. Smashing with the contestants both before and after and a fund of off camera anecdotes about his years on TV. I've done several quiz shows and 15-1 was far and away the most enjoyable. They really looked after you.

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post
                          It's almost certainly not me you're thinking of Derek but I did win 5 editions of 15-1 and appeared in one grand final (one of the ones that was won by the airline pilot Nick Terry) so I met William G Stewart several times. Smashing with the contestants both before and after and a fund of off camera anecdotes about his years on TV. I've done several quiz shows and 15-1 was far and away the most enjoyable. They really looked after you.
                          Wow! I was thinking of Hofzinser

Comment

Then again, he also gave us Love Thy Neighbour and Bless This House.

Comment

Working...
                            X