Douchebag revival thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Douchebag revival thread

Ah, watch out. Apparently Roosh and his sad followers are planning global meetups, and then will go to some other secret locations in each city. UK list here:

United Kingdom

Cardiff – Beside female statue in front of Hilton Cardiff on Friary Road. Image.
    Edinburgh – Covenanter’s Memorial in Grassmarket
    Glasgow – George Square. Meet by the tall obelisk statue.
    Leeds – The center of Millenium Square
    London – Royal Airforce Bomber Command Memorial, Green Park (Hyde Park Corner side)
    London – In front of Royal Exchange beside horseman statue (outside “Bank” tube station)
    Manchester – In front of the main entrance to Sinclair’s Oyster Pub
    Newcastle – Beside Grey’s monument
    Shrewsbury – Frankwell car park, bottom of the pedestrian walkway. Image.

http://www.donotlink.com/i2sc

There is one in my hometown in the parking lot of a sad sports bar named Glory Days. They really are pathetic.

Comment

Douchebag revival thread

Shkreli uses the Fifth Amendment as a magic card to not answer any questions before a Congressional committee.

Comment

Douchebag revival thread

Being a douchebag's lawyer can be trying

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen the committee treated with such contempt,’’ Representative John Mica said after Shkreli’s smirking testimony before reportedly asking if Shkreli could be held in contempt of Congress. (The committee chairman demurred.)

Shkreli’s lawyer tried to explain away the faces Shkreli was making, saying, “A lot of what you saw was nervous energy and that Shkreli did not mean any disrespect.” But Shkreli himself clarifies on Twitter—those faces were intentional.

Comment

Douchebag revival thread

From October, but pertinent.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/psychologist-pharma-bros-success-contains-the-seed-of-his-eventual-destruction/

He needs constant attention, even if negative.

Comment

Douchebag revival thread

Shkreli’s lawyer tried to explain away the faces Shkreli was making, saying, “A lot of what you saw was nervous energy and that Shkreli did not mean any disrespect.” But Shkreli himself clarifies on Twitter—those faces were intentional.
            Can't imagine why he keeps going through lawyers. It's really a performance art piece at this point. A Rake's Progress for the financial era.

Comment

Douchebag revival thread

Oh, wow, and apparently his bail payment was shares of a bankrupt company.

Comment

Douchebag revival thread

A bit more precisely, the collateral that he posted for his USD 5 million bail bond was his ETrade Account, which primarily contained shares of a company he had been CEO of (this is not normal procedure in insider trading cases), whose shares plummeted in value after his indictment.

The judge has noticed that his collateral is now worth only marginally more than the bond, and has suggested that he will need to pony up some more cash if he isn't going to go back behind bars.

It will be interesting to see where he gets that from.

Comment

Guilty on three of the eight counts.

Mr. Shkreli was convicted of securities fraud in connection with his hedge fund MSMB Capital; of securities fraud in connection with another hedge fund he ran, MSMB Healthcare; and of conspiracy to commit securities fraud, related to a scheme in which he tried to secretly control a huge portion of shares of Retrophin, a drug company he started.

He faces up to 20 years on each of the first two counts, and up to five years on the final count.

Comment

So what's he really going to face? Is there a bare minimum threshold for repentant young richers to be held in Tennis Prisons?

Comment

The recent average is around five years in federal prison, though he may well get more for being such a douchebag.

Many of those convicted of these offences (almost exclusively white men, btw) get credit for helping the government in some way and/or being very remorseful, but he has done anything but.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MikeBalsamo1/status/908090017930792962

https://twitter.com/IvanTheK/status/908091486805340160

I've no idea if the second one is true.
                        Last edited by Levin; 13-09-2017, 22:19.

Comment

Waking to the news of uber-douche heading to jail early has made my whole morning. And probably a good chunk of the afternoon.

If word of the Wu-sale means he's in dire financial straits, so much the better.

"I'll still be making paper behind bars." Yeah, let's see about that.

Comment

Shkreli has been sentenced to seven years in federal prison

Comment

So he’ll serve 3-4 unless he shivs someone in the showers?

Comment

Most likely about four

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                  So he’ll serve 3-4 unless someone shivs him in the showers?
                                  FTFY

Comment

Heh. I really don’t like the idea that folk should “get what they deserve” in the clink. Im a bleeding heart who believes the deprivation of liberty (and hopefully rehabilitation) is the point of prison in terms of punishment, along with protection of the public. It shouldn’t be the fucking Thunderdome through underfunding or deliberate policy.

But I can make exceptions.
                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 09-03-2018, 20:33.

Comment

https://twitter.com/veryimportant/status/972191971803623427

Comment

Indeed

The government has seized the album and will use its proceeds at auction to provide restitution to victims of the fraud

Comment

He can’t plead ignorance that the aforementioned “Wu Tang Clan” were not a force to be engaged in battle lightly. They often said so, in forceful terms. Some Wu Karma thinning the jury, says it all the thieving bastard.

Comment

Whoever gets the record at auction still gets heisted, please.

Comment

With thanks to WOM for pointing me to the correct thread

https://twitter.com/realworldrj/status/1103794587372584960

Comment

I thought he had to cough up his shares? Or was that just to post bail?

Comment

He had to forfeit USD 7.4 million in assets (largely for restitution), but it isn't clear if that included all of his shares (it did include the Wu Tang album)

Comment

Ol' Dirty Bastard* will be spinning his grave, unless he was cremated.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X