X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burn down the dairy!

Panic on the streets of London:

https://www.timeout.com/london/blog/...-london-091917

Who cares? British cheese is best anyway.

Comment

Right, but there's only enough of it for ten people.

Comment

Ugh, it so isn't. I mean, there are some decent English cheeses, but there are few I'd make it a point of seeking out. I made that mistake with Wensleydale, on the recommendation of Wallace in Wallace & Gromit. What a disappointment that dull cheese was.

Comment

Even as a proud adopted Yorkshireman, I'd concede that Lancashire cheese is better than Wensleydale. And Caerphilly too.

I once stayed in a B&B in Wensley, the village which gave the dale its name. It used to be an important place (hence the naming), but didn't do too well out of bubonic plague in the 16th century, as everybody died, which left Leyburn, Askrigg and Hawes to fight for Wensleydale supremacy. Outlines of plague pits are still visible in the valley going down to the River Ure. We had a good time.

Comment

Fuck cheese. It's all shit (literally it's all sajt)

Comment

Least surprising post ever...

Comment

Cheese is grate.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                  Ugh, it so isn't. I mean, there are some decent English cheeses, but there are few I'd make it a point of seeking out. I made that mistake with Wensleydale, on the recommendation of Wallace in Wallace & Gromit. What a disappointment that dull cheese was.
                  Always check the expression on the dog's face before following any of Wallace's recommendations.

Comment

I'm incredibly disappointed that the thread isn't called "fromage affray".

Comment

I thought it was going to be about this

Comment

Working...
                      X