Broad City Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broad City Season 4

First episode of Season 4 aired in the US yesterday. As far as I know, there's no UK date fixed as yet.

I personally found Season 3 a bit of a let down. I never really realised how important Bevvers was to the show, but the whole season seemed to really miss him. I also imagine the increasing profile of Hannibal Burress and Arturo Castro will mean less appearances of Lincoln and Jaime. It's the only reason why I think season 3 didn't work. Ilana and Abbi are incredible comedy writers and I really believe Broad City is as groundbreaking a comedy as The Young Ones or Spaced, but I suppose both of those also relied on a supporting cast to pad out the groundbreaking ideas.

Season 4 did not start well. I'm hoping it picks up but I fear this might be the end. I think the show has had some really high moments (all pun intended) but I agree with steveeeeeeee that last season had more misses than hits. This episode seemed worse to me than anything from season 3 except the finale, which was horrible.

Comment

What a pity. I'd rate most of seasons 1 and 2 as some of the funniest episodes of TV comedy I've ever seen.

Comment

I'm up to episode 4 of Season 4 and I think it's a real return to form. Cameos from Hannibal Burress and Bevvers have helped, but the inclusion of RuPaul makes up for their loss.

What I love about Broad City is that it takes massive risks, the animated mushrooms episode had spells which could have ended up disastrous, but the finale at Abbi's boss's party was brilliant. The episode on Ilana's depression and subsequent episode about the side-effects of her anti-depressants were also superb.

Like I mentioned in the opening post, it is so far ahead of any other comedy around, the originality and quality of the writing is phenomenal.

Comment

Working...
        X