Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

...and I don't know what to do now that pink has turned to blue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and I don't know what to do now that pink has turned to blue.

Reports that Husker Du drummer, Grant Hart, passed away from cancer.
    Damn. Only 56.

Terrible news. Actually saw more of Hart's solo career than Husker Du but remember when they were first on "Live From London" and it was the most amazing onslaught. "Girl who lives on heaven hill" is an amazing song but the whole of the "Intolerance" album is probably the standout for me.

Comment

Awwww, I love that band. Thank you Grant.

Comment

Damned shame. Always seemed a good bloke in interviews - easy-going and genial in contrast to Mould's earnest intensity. Although I think that creatively the Husker split came at the right time for both of them.

Comment

Very true, that. A great band who neither outstayed their welcome nor their usefulness.

RIP, Grant H.

Comment

If anyone has Amazon Prime, check out the Every Everything film which is a documentary about Hart. Shot a couple of years before his death, it is an interesting film but ultimately sad although well worth watching if you have any interest in his work. What it benefits from is a load of extensive interviews with Hart. It suffers a bit from being light on focus on Intolerance which is probably my favourite thing he has done and skimming over his sexuality (but, there again, what business is it of ours if he doesn't want to talk about it). These are minor criticisms and it is well worth watching.

Comment

Working...
            X