Spain to reign again, in Ukraine? Champions League 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    Sad to hear that, Chopper. Is all travel a no-go for you?

Yup, I went to the game. Qarabag were OK - held and passed the ball well and fought hard but their 'keeper wasn't the best and they didn't offer a lot coming forward which, I suppose, are fairly sizable handicaps if you want to win a football game!

I thought we looked good. Christensen was very impressive at the back (Cahill not so much - lovely guy but a bit of a weak link in the side these days - dived in again and got a yellow card that could have been red) and Willian was back to his energetic self after his lacklustre performance at Leicester last weekend.

There will, however, be much tougher tests ahead.
    Yeah, after 50 years of Bridgery, I'm now 'armchair' only, which is still a lot better than nothing, given that I have Sky & BT Sport which I can watch in my smoking-permitted lounge with no twats to ruin my evening, queues for the loo/bar/tea hut etc. Job's a good 'un, basically - I had a good run, starting in the Shed at age 12 in '66.

Christensen does indeed look the part - £50m is the going rate for a decent centre-half now, isn't it? Bargainous bit of business. Loved Zappacosta, even if his crossing was a bit variable, wink. Cahill certainly looks to be feeling the pressure of competition (or something) lately, even though I really don't agree with the amount of flak he's started to get.

As you say, tougher tests ahead, but a decent start with the other result.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
      I am interested to learn whether Feyenoord will concede more or fewer than twenty goals in this group phase.
      This has started well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
        In the end, all other games featured three, five, or six goals more than the one you chose. Please let us know what you'll be watching tomorrow, and I owe you a pint if you ever set foot in Eindhoven.
        Bad news, I've just got home and turned on the Spurs Dortmund match. That's the end of the goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
          Bad news, I've just got home and turned on the Spurs Dortmund match. That's the end of the goals.
          Ah, I was wondering whether you had lost your mojo.

Could you switch to another game for about ten minutes so that Dortmund can turn this one around? Thanks much.

Comment

Done. Porto Beşiktaş it is.

Comment

Firming puts a penalty for the rare handball plus rugby tackle double off the post

Comment

Sergio Ramos has just scored an overhead kick.

Comment

Spurs v Dortmund game is highly watchable.

Comment

Sevilla equalise at Anfield

Comment

Well that was stupid from Vertonghen. Red card in the 91st minute.

Comment

Well well Liverpool, the specter of the Howe/Gerrard dream team Poundstretcher budget but plenty of Passion and English Heart to make up for it looms ever closer.

Eddie not Geoffrey.
                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 13-09-2017, 22:02.

Comment

Why was Gomez sent off and how did he wind up getting sent off when Moreno and the sevilla right back (esquedero?) spent most of the game desperately trying to pick up a second yellow? did he say something awful to the ref or something?

Comment

Think it was a bit of chatback

Comment

Poor fuckin Robertson. He'll probably get his first real run as a right back (why the hell didn't they go in for a rb if Clyne was out till Christmas?).

Comment

Klopp will string out a few seasons of these Desmonds before he is rumbled. The two Manchester clubs starting well should just make the eventual tonking by Real or Bayern all the sweeter. Have any of the clubs who started the Champions Route back in July got a chance of progressing from a group?

Comment

Lynams? O'Connors? what have the men of south munster done to attract your ire?

Comment

2-2s

Comment

hah. oops. I forgot about the best Desmond.

I was wondering if years of watching MOTD had unbalanced Satchmo's mind. I used to quite like Des Lynam, he seemed quite good at his job. And I had literally no idea on the rare occasions when I got to see MOTD that he was Irish. But all of that is replaced with a giant question. Why is someone from Ennis, whose name literally means South-Munster The Leinsterman a Ukip supporter? How does that work? I mean that Ann Marie Waters woman is obviously dangerously unhinged, and a complete fucking menace. But Des fucking Lynam? I can just about get my head around the children of Irish people voting for UKIP, They're not actually migrants themselves. but actual real life Irish born people, who emigrated to the UK? It hurts my brain to think about it.
                                      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 14-09-2017, 01:36.

Comment

Morrissey claims to have an Irish heart but is somewhat dodgy on racial matters. Pulling up the drawbridge?

Comment

Did anyone see how Sevilla's manager for himself sent to the stands? It was hilarious!

Comment

Those Dortmund shirts are awful.

Comment

Dortmund defense also not looking too great at the moment...

Comment

Keylor Navas and Sergio Ramos use three hands to keep the ball out of the goal. No foul given, of course.

Comment

Fucking 'ell Bale...

Comment

I like that Shakhtar Donetsk are playing in a mid-1980s Luton kit. Hopefully their manager will skip across the pitch at the end if they hang on for a draw.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X