No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leeds have sacked Heckingbottom, as has been expected for some weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
      Leeds have sacked Heckingbottom, as has been expected for some weeks.
      Yet another appearance of Harry's mourning suit on Look Leeds tonight then...

Comment

The favourite for the job on Twitter appears to be... Marcelo Bielsa.

Comment

Was going to mention that.

It would be highly entertaining, though I suspect it to be a Rory Smith joint.

Comment

Would our Barnsley contingent take Heckingbottom back, or has he burnt his bridges there? I've just had a look on Twitter and it seems Grant McCann is the favourite...

I really hope Tisdale doesn't end up at Franchise, as has been suggested. I'd marginally prefer him to end up at Leeds, although that would also be disappointing.

Comment

Shrewsbury have appointed Macclesfield manager John Askey. Although none of the managers in this chain have been sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post

I really hope Tisdale doesn't end up at Franchise, as has been suggested. I'd marginally prefer him to end up at Leeds, although that would also be disappointing.
                As I said on the ‘Unsacked Managers’ thread, his managerial beginnings at Team Bath suggest he doesn’t have an awful lot of scruples about the kind of club he manages at.

Comment

I wouldn't lump Team Bath in with Franchise. They had a different business model to most clubs but didn't steal another team afaik

Comment

I'll be annoyed when Tisdale goes there, simply because it pulls the Smug Rug from under our feet. You never expect Exeter to be anything more than lower league nobodies, but instead of trophies we've paraded a good reputation (which admittedly a lot of fans would trade away in an instant if a billionaire buyer promised us a 30 goal striker for Xmas).

Tisdale was a part of that ethos, even if his Corinthian values were overblown by well-meaning hacks looking for fairy tales. I can only assume that the offer was enough to buy out principles.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      I wouldn't lump Team Bath in with Franchise. They had a different business model to most clubs but didn't steal another team afaik
                      I’m not “lumping them in”. I’m pointing out that if Tisdale was happy to work for a dubiously financed, artificial club like Team Bath then I think there is enough doubt about his principles that we shouldn’t be surprised if he opts to work with a franchise who represent the extreme end of that concept.

Comment

Would I take Heckingbottom back?

No.

He was my favourite manager since Danny Wilson (first time) 21 years ago, but he shouldn't come back. He was on borrowed time at Oakwell due to the form of the team. Despite this though, the club offered him a new and improved contract which he duly signed, only to leave us less than two weeks later. The fact that it was for Leeds doesn't bother me personally (in fact I respected his decision from a business point of view - he clearly wasn't going to last long there but would leave £2m richer), but it would cause civil war in the stands.

I really don't think the board would consider the idea though, with the way he left.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          a dubiously financed, artificial club
                          Seems weird to single out Team Bath for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                            Would I take Heckingbottom back?

No.

He was my favourite manager since Danny Wilson (first time) 21 years ago, but he shouldn't come back. He was on borrowed time at Oakwell due to the form of the team. Despite this though, the club offered him a new and improved contract which he duly signed, only to leave us less than two weeks later. The fact that it was for Leeds doesn't bother me personally (in fact I respected his decision from a business point of view - he clearly wasn't going to last long there but would leave £2m richer), but it would cause civil war in the stands.

I really don't think the board would consider the idea though, with the way he left.
                            Employing Leeds' managerial rejects is also bad policy. We need someone who is on the way up not down, even though we know he will only stay for 2-3 years.

Comment

That's a fair point too. Since Brian Clough, have any former Leeds managers had success elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                a dubiously financed, artificial club like Team Bath
                                Seems weird to single out Team Bath for that.
                                Not really, it was a constant and valid criticism of them within non-league circles during their existence. They also refused to release the usual information on their accounts and in the end were disbarred from FA competitions because of the structure of the club amidst concerns about their financing and status.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                                  That's a fair point too. Since Brian Clough, have any former Leeds managers had success elsewhere?
                                  Only Jock Stein. But then, he was Jock Stein.

Comment

Franchise appoint Tisdale.

Wanker.

Comment

Hope City beat them in next year's playoff final. Well, don't want them to get that far anyway, but you know what I mean.

Comment

Just seen Tisdale interviewed in front of the MK logo. He sounded a bit forced.

Comment

Richie Wellens sacked as Oldham manager. Not really a surprise.

Comment

Just seen Tisdale interviewed in front of the MK logo. He sounded a bit forced.
                                            ISIS hostage-like?

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post
                                              Richie Wellens sacked as Oldham manager. Not really a surprise.
                                              Bit late though? They could have done it a month ago...

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
                                                Bit late though? They could have done it a month ago...
                                                Indeed. Some speculation that a scandal piece in the Mail last week was Wellens leaking his side of the story. Although others "in the know" claim he was always going to be sacked, but I don't know why it's taken so long then.

Comment

https://twitter.com/FRsoccerYixin/status/1005808499694202880?s=19

Comment

That's bound to be a success

Comment

Working...
                                                    X