No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at their game yesterday. Shaw Lane went a goal down, but despite Nantwich having a player sent off they never looked like scoring. After Nantwich scored a second goal on the break it was game over.

I don't particularly follow them, but it's cheap and five minutes from home.

Comment

Although generally I disapprove of teams being named after commercial interests, I thought Shaw Lane Aquaforce was one of the best club names ever. Shame they had to drop it.

Comment

Pardew leaves West Brom.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          Pardew leaves West Brom.
          Darren Moore in temporary charge. Really bad news for Swansea as we've got them next. Pardew to head to the Championship for his next job.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
            Pardew to head to the Championship for his next job.
            *Shudders*

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
              *Shudders*
              A younger Mick McCarthy. I hope the wags are prepared if he does turn up.

Comment

I don't know about that. Mick McCarthy is by all accounts a decent, pleasant man when not desperately out of his depth and struggling. Pardew strikes me as the sort of Cove who gets married purely so he can commit adultery.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                  I don't know about that. Mick McCarthy is by all accounts a decent, pleasant man when not desperately out of his depth and struggling. Pardew strikes me as the sort of Cove who gets married purely so he can commit adultery.
                  Apologies. I meant a manager who's had a number of clubs and not done very well.

McCarthy comes across as a decent bloke. Everything I've heard about Pardew makes my skin crawl. To connect them at all isn't fair.

Pardew back to Charlton?

Comment

Depends how much more the board want to piss the fans off.

Comment

Thank fuck. It's been a nightmare from start to finish.

Comment

A local football journalist's comment piece shedding light on Alan Pardew's distinctive managerial style.[https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/04/02/comment---alan-pardew-destined-to-go-down-as-one-of-west-broms-worst-ever-managers/

Bugger, looks a mess I know, but the article's worth a read.
                        Last edited by ian.64; 02-04-2018, 18:34.

Comment

The way he treated young players like Sam Field and Oliver Burke was borderline disgraceful.

Field was playing well when he arrived, and had just scored against Newcastle, but he shunted the young fan favourite out to left wing at Swansea, his second game in charge, in order to manufacture his removal from the side.

The teenager was hooked at half-time and wasn’t seen again until a trip to champions-in-waiting Manchester City, where he was made a sacrificial lamb.

Before the game, Pardew asked Field over and over again if he was ‘s***ing himself’ in front of the rest of the squad. If this was supposed to be a motivational tool, it was grossly misjudged.
                          Absolute classic The King behaviour, there.

I will admit to some disappointment that he won't be bringing his West Brom team to St. James' at the end of the month.

Comment

Nice little nugget in the Express and Star piece that Pardew had himself been on the lash in Barcelona the night before "taxigate", losing his wallet, phone and jacket.
                            And the respect of the players, it seems.

Comment

BDG must be gutted.

Comment

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink canned by Northampton.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  BDG must be gutted.
                                  Oh I'm sure we haven't heard or seen the last of Alan pardew.

Comment

Gary megson must be chuckling to himself. He was really pissed off when he was overlooked for the job. He played Sam field in both his games as manager, I think, and he looked great.

Comment

I don't think Swansea need worry too much, this is a group of players who couldn't lift their game for the Southampton game, the tribute to Cyrille Regis. If they're unwilling or unable to show some spirit in Cyrille's memory, I can't see that changing under Darren Moore's stewardship. Unforgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                        He was a decent bloke to chat to as a player at Barnet (although I once had to tell him where Farnborough was when we drew them in the Cup. Having also met his wife - well - I doubt that that last bit would be true if he had any sense.

Comment

If WBA are having any regrets about Pulis, feel free to take him back!

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                            A younger Mick McCarthy. I hope the wags are prepared if he does turn up.
                                            I’ve heard McCarthy touted as the man to get WBA promoted from D2 next season, despite (or maybe because of) his time at Wolves.

Comment

Fleetwoods new manager from June 2nd is Joseph Barton.

Comment

Hang on, why on earth are they getting rid of John Sheridan given their good form since his arrival has kept them up?

That's before you even get on to the publicity stunt appointment of Barton.

Comment

This can't end well.

Comment

Friendly with Pilley, apparently.

They do make themselves a difficult club to like, don't they?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X