No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, yeah, Pep Clotet gone at Oxford. Obviously living thousands of miles away I never saw a Clotet team and have no idea how they actually played. But the results seemed basically created by a random generator and were totally unpredictable.

And he seemed like an odd choice - like the board were desperate for someone exotic and foreign, even if they had no idea if he was any good. It felt like a very 90s or early 2000s sort of appointment. Still, I'm disappointed that he's gone because I don't like rapid turnover of managers.

Much, much worse, though, and the real shocker, is (trigger warning on many fronts here - starting with the fact that it's a Sun link) that Frank Lampard might be in talks to become our next manager. I feel sick.

Comment

Graham fucking Westley.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
        Much, much worse, though, and the real shocker, is (trigger warning on many fronts here - starting with the fact that it's a Sun link) that Frank Lampard might be in talks to become our next manager. I feel sick.
        I heard Frank doing some punditry the other day. I thought him rather good compared with the usual suspects. Though I hope he gets the Oxford gig if it means they keep their hands off Newport's Mike Flynn.

Comment

Flynn would be a good fit for Swansea when they go down. Oxford isn't that much of a step up for him.

Comment

Thomas Christiansen gone from Leeds. That should be the whole of Look North sorted tomorrow night then.

Comment

Golly! Leeds are starting to rival ourselves when it comes to manager turnover.

Comment

Wonder how long it will be before 'Arry declares an interest in the job. Here's hoping .

Comment

Beesotted Brentford @Beesotted

Leeds dismiss manager Thomas Christiansen after six months for his shoddy badge design and for not retaining the European Cup this season. #BrentfordFC #LUFC @TSSLUFC @WeAreLeedsFanTV

Comment

Before appointing a new manager, they should consult the 10,000 fans they asked about the badge.

Comment

Paulo Di Canio likes salutes. I think he's out of work.

Comment

Conte to be joining this club tomorrow then by all accounts.

Comment

Stuart McCall made it a West Yorkshire double today. Six defeats on the trot did for him, even though they are still in a playoff position, which you would think would be about par for Bratford. He's never seemed a likeable character, but he did a good enough job there with the available resources/players.

Comment

For some reason yesterday's paper had a form table for the Championship from mid November, and the bottom three were Sheff Wed, Sheffield Utd and Barnsley. Leeds started their poor run a bit later but would surely feature in any"teams in shit form" list, and then we've got Bradford. What is Yorkshire doing?

Comment

Paul Heckingbottom leaving Barnsley for Leeds. And Gary Monk rumoured to be replacing him at Oakwell.

Comment

Comment

That's Barnsley relegated, I guess, assuming Monk (or A.N. Other) is a slow rebuilder and Barnsley need results immediately.

OTOH they have gone down and bounced back up in the recent past.

Comment

Can we start a Sacked Chairmen thread? Not sure it would get very far, but West Brom have just sacked their chairman and CEO. Quite why, and what impact it might have on the pitch, is anyone's guess.

Comment

Cheating fraudulent cunt and his pet Rottweiler resign from Mansfield. Expected to take over at Peterborough who sacked Grant McCann yesterday. Steve Evans and Darragh MacAnthony, it's a match made in heaven.
                                      Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 27-02-2018, 18:41.

Comment

Mansfield, home of the strongest Leave vote in Nottinghamshire and Ben Bradley, remains toxic. I pity the fool who is tempted to the vacancy by the football club's (unsustainable) big spending ways.

Comment

Steve Cotterill becomes the second manager to be sacked by Birmingham City this season, with Gary Monk apparently already lined up to take over.

Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 04-03-2018, 09:02.

Comment

Can't see any mention of Slade leaving Grimsby (in Feb) on this thread, but the appointment of his successor is interesting -
                                            slightly gushing board statement.

Comment

It rather makes you wish for good old fashioned football management cliches.

Comment

Monk must be a desperate man to take on the Birmingham job. Still, money for old rope I suppose, he'll be on another long-term deal that there is absolutely zero chance he'll see to the end, and get paid off when we lose 0-3 at home to Accrington in early October.

Comment

Southampton part company with Mauricio Pellegrino.

Comment

Surprised Pardew didn't go today as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X