Sacked Managers 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
    Surely today's result is the end for Mark Hughes.
    And indeed it is.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
      And indeed it is.
      Are the usual suspects being touted in the press or is that difficult as they've all just got new jobs?

Comment

The Dyche hype train is starting up.

Comment

Zizou's arse must be close to the bacon slicer after today's result

Comment

Phil Brown placed on gardening leave by Southend United.

Comment

Sunbed leave.

Comment

You see, that was the sort of cheap sort that I considered to be beneath me.

Click through for an amusing thread.

https://twitter.com/ScottWallace_/status/953674460866990080

Comment

That's quite a record

Comment

Not me. there is very little that I consider to be cheap or beneath me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                      Sunbed leave.
                      The future's no longer orange.

Comment

Snake, that thread is hilarious

Comment

Marco Silva gets it at Watford all the fault of Everton apparently.

Comment

It was certainly a factor. Bet he wishes he'd taken them up on it now.

Comment

An Evertonian friend of mine has tweeted that Everton should now sack Allardyce and get in Silva.

Comment

Fucking hell being manager of Watford has to be the most short term job in football. They should just hire the next one from a temp agency

Comment

Steve McClaren has been pushing himself into boardroom consciousness with appearances on any platform which will have him. Even more than nonentities Jenas and Savage.

I doubt he will get the job although I am making the assumption their board are capable of reading his CV.

Comment

Watford fans seem pretty happy about the decision and the statement. Reminiscent of when Silva fell out with powers that be at Sporting mid-season, Sporting's form dipped and Silva didn't hide his discontent, coming close to getting sacked most weeks. He ploughed on, though, and he won then the Portuguese Cup.

Comment

The Pozzos don't exactly defy the stereotype of Italian owners, do they? One of them will most likely pull a Ron Noades at this stage as they've run out of names in their little black book.

Comment

Javi Gracia is next in the frame - did well with Almeria and Malaga, less so with Rubin Kazan. Speaks good English, which is good as I doubt he'll be there long enough to learn it. It's Gracia, not Garcia, but it's not worth learning Watford managers' names, is it?

Comment

Just listening to John Motson droning on about this. Why did I think he'd retired? Probably wishful thinking.

Watford will be caught out eventually, but the sheer number of relegation candidates has done the owners a real favour the past couple of years.

Comment

The club that shouldn't exist have sacked their manager too. Obviously a defeat to Northampton was the last straw for the board.

Comment

No idea why Neilson went there in the first place when he was doing well with Hearts, money obviously and was probably sold on some sort of "potential " bullshit by Mr Fuzzbox but it seems to be "mutual consent " which could be fuck you I'm off

Comment

PEP SACKED!

(Pep Cloutet, that is. Of Oxford United.)

Comment

On the radio this morning they were saying Oxford Pep was the 26th manager to be sacked in the top 4 divisions. Marco Silva was the 8th in the Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                                                    It's Gracia, not Garcia, but it's not worth learning Watford managers' names, is it?
                                                    They could adopt some kind of regnal naming system to simplify things. "Watford are delighted to announce Robert VII as their new manager following the departure of Robert VI"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X