No announcement yet.

Sacked Managers 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Mark Hughes save Saints? (etc, etc ...)

They're still in the FA Cup. Lawrie McMenemy is still alive. Just saying.
    Last edited by tee rex; 12-03-2018, 21:06.

Comment

I suspect that Pardew is only still in post because of some clause in his contract that allows them to get rid cheaply in the event of relegation and they don't believe (correctly) that they have a hope of staying up whoever the manager is

Comment

Is Harry Rednapp available?

Comment

They've left it too late to change and see their season turn around. Although they are still in the FA Cup. I'd still like to see Wigan do them, though.

Comment

Marco Silva in the frame apparently.

Comment

No Silva lining.

Comment

Steffi Jones got the sack (or the German equivalent) from the German women's national team. No great surprise given the recent results. I read that Horst Hrubesch has taken over on a temporary basis.

Comment

Hahaha. Swindon have appointed Permatan Phil. The 4th division equivalent of calling in Redknapp.

Soz BDG. I'm sure he'll be great.

Comment

Oh, that explains the joke I saw on Twitter about Swindon being progressive and appointing a person of colour as manager.

Comment

Or just a pun on his surname?

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                        Will Mark Hughes save Saints? (etc, etc ...)
                        Apparently the board think he is the man to give it a go.

Comment

There is a very odd graph on this news story about Mark Hughes' appointment showing his managerial league finishes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43403577

It's in place ascending order so his season with QPR is the highest point. It feels counter intuitive because usually the higher up the graph the better your league placing. Very odd.

Comment

Hughes rather than Marco Silva, I don't get it except Hughes won't leave for another job.

Comment

It's for 8 games. And £1m if he keeps them up.

Comment

Stevenage manager sacked, nobody cares.

Although these lower- and non-league changes do often serve to remind us of the continued existence of certain familiar names from the past, hovering around as assistants, consultants and general hand-holders. If you were wondering where Glenn Roeder was, that's where.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                  Surprised Pardew didn't go today as well.
                                  I saw John Carver floating around in the background behind Pardew on Match of the Day. I find it hard to believe he still gets jobs in English football.

Comment

Graham Westley and Mark McGhee have left Barnet, and Martin Allen has joined as manager for a fifth time.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                      Graham Westley and Mark McGhee have left Barnet, and Martin Allen has joined as manager for a fifth time.
                                      And Westley presumably to return to Stevenage, to take charge against Barnet in the game most likely to send us back down to the Conference for a third time.

Comment

It’s a shame about Sarll. I hope he gets another gig, though one wonders if he’d prefer coaching to managing.

Would Stevenage really reappoint Westley? Ugh. Let’s hope Barnet rip into them, as I only need one more for a line to win Graham Westley Excuses bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                          There is a very odd graph on this news story about Mark Hughes' appointment showing his managerial league finishes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43403577

It's in place ascending order so his season with QPR is the highest point. It feels counter intuitive because usually the higher up the graph the better your league placing. Very odd.
                                          This is ridiculously odd, I guess whoever plotted the graph just used the league placing as a regular numerical variable (it also starts on 0!). It's a really crap way of showing a fairly simple piece of information.

Comment

I'm getting old and confused, for days I was convinced this must be Hughes' second spell managing Soton until I realised he was a still just a player for them while managing Wales.

Comment

I saw John Carver floating around in the background behind Pardew on Match of the Day. I find it hard to believe he still gets jobs in English football.

West Brom are the kind of club that would get a Man City-type transfer kitty yet appoint Russell Slade and give it to him. It's taken every criticism thrown at it by neutrals and pundits and done its best to vindicate each one. The fact that it hasn't taken the wooden spoon award still held by Derby remains the only positive.

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
                                                This is ridiculously odd, I guess whoever plotted the graph just used the league placing as a regular numerical variable (it also starts on 0!). It's a really crap way of showing a fairly simple piece of information.
                                                That graph is indeed bloody stupid. I hadn't even registered before that it starts on '0th' place, to boot. I found the table above it oddly hard to read, too – for some reason their going straight from Games to Win %, lacking a column of Wins in between, had me repeatedly thinking "29 from 38? That's a really good win ratio... oh, no, that's 29 per cent."

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                  I'm getting old and confused, for days I was convinced this must be Hughes' second spell managing Soton until I realised he was a still just a player for them while managing Wales.
                                                  Ditto for me, ray. I was convinced he'd managed them before.

As for west Brom, let's just say every time I see a new post on here I assume pardew's been sacked. What an incredibly inept tenure. (and we've had some bad ones over the years).

Comment

You're both getting him confused with Harry Redknapp (an easy mistake to make.)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X