Alabama Getaway - 2017 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSU down twice.

Hawkeyes kick the shit out of Urban Meyer version and Sooners somehow, someway manage to hold off Mike Gundy version in Stillwater w/ a college basketball score of 62-52.

Thanks a lot Jayhawks - Baylor avoids winless season w/ a resounding victory over KU.

Comment

So, should the playoff be a two out of three between Alabama and Georgia?

Comment

I see Notre Dame getting into the final four if they beat Miami. Would love to see the Badgers stay undefeated, but not counting on it. Hard to see a Big-12 team being selected unless there's a real collapse of the big boys.

Comment

That will definitely happen, but the question is if it is really the best way to determine the best team in a rather unusual year.

Comment

I'll take a final four over the BCS and definitely over the polls picking a #1.

I'll never forget BYU scraping by a 6-5 Michigan team in the Holiday Bowl in 1984/1985 to stay undefeated and be voted #1. They played nobody. Screw that.

Comment

Fuck

Comment

I would like to mock Maryland, but they're on QB #4 of this year.

Comment

Was really hoping the Gamecock would go all the way.

Comment

Roy Moore's a cunt, Alabama is a fucking 'intelligence' shithole, but are we allowed to bet on them to win this thing?

Comment

Well, UCLA came close, but shot themselves in the foot with penalties and wasted trips in the red zone and lost to USC again. Josh Rosen is the best QB that UCLA has had since Troy Aikman, but he'll leave school having never beat the Trojans or had a good team around him.

Mora should hopefully be gone after the end of the season.

Comment

Wow, Mora fired today. I was expecting that he would be let go after the end of the season, I'm kind of surprised that UCLA acted so quickly. Rumors are that Chip Kelly is already entertaining an offer from UCLA. I've seen a few USC fans on Twitter saying that Kelly is the one coach that they hope that UCLA doesn't hire.

Mora started out great, that first season when Hundley was a freshman, capped with the victory over USC, was extremely cathartic. The team felt like it was finally going in the right direction. Two 10-3 seasons following kept that feeling going. But the team didn't get to the conference championship apart from that first year, he was never able to beat Stanford, and three losses to USC in a row and what looks like it could end up being another season without a bowl game put us back in the "how can we be so mediocre with such talent and recruiting advantages?" conversation.

Comment

I've been up since 6.30 for reasons documented elsewhere and started watching Auburn v Alabama thinking I'll watch the start, and watch the rest in the morning. I've just opened another beer and a bag of nuts, I'm going to see this one through tonight.

Comment

The ex-Baylor qb is doing fantastic. Wish there was about :02 left.

Comment

Alabama are imploding at the moment. Or at least their Centre seems to have temporarily lost it.

Comment

Blimey, such a mess that Alabama will get away with it! He snapped it so precipitously that Auburn hadn't finished substituting.
                                Last edited by Janik; 25-11-2017, 23:28.

Comment

This is not how the game is supposed to be played.

Comment

But they can't convert the break as the receiver turns the wrong way on catching the ball! He had that easy with the right move. Then the Alabama defence goes offside on 4th and 4 to gift a 1st down. It's odd to watch such a good team make errors like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                      This is not how the game is supposed to be played.
                                      I think the only name for it is mental disintegration.

Comment

And it's Kerryoff.

Comment

On the two botched snaps, the running back was doing something that was was triggering the center (who really can’t see what is gong on). The offsides was drawn by some clever trickery from Auburn’s offensive line.

And now Auburn is down to their fourth string running back.

Comment

Now Auburn are losing a running back per down. Aren't they a team built around the run? It's a shambles, currently.

Comment

Loving the Byzantine top four selection permutations, as ever.

Comment

In other news, Alabama’s basketball team has just had their entire bench ejected following a stramash with Minnnesota and will have to play the last 11 minutes with only four guys.

Comment

Epically bad day.

Comment

All over.
                                                    Apparently the basketball team is now down to 3 men.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X