Alabama Getaway - 2017 College Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrLeam View Post
    Not quite sure why Power 5 teams would schedule Northern Illinois given their record. You could probably say the same for Memphis after they defeat UCLA...
    Watched that UCLA at Memphis game - if I have a team of any description its UCLA cos I went to see them play many years ago and I used to spend a bit of time round Westwood on trips visiting my brother. We don't get a lot of their games on though, so I made a point of watching it.

Comment

Any day on which Stanford loses and Cal beats Old Miss is a damn good day.

Comment

Watched Tennessee at Florida from the Tivo, and the recording ended right after the end of normal time. Ah never mind, I thought, it was probably just won by a field goal, probably haven't missed much....

EDIT it was even more tragic, the recording of the live game cut out with 40 seconds to go - I've just watched the ending from the playback and realised it didn't actually go to overtime.
        Last edited by Walt Flanagans Dog; 19-09-2017, 20:02.

Comment

I'm digging Cal's Chuck Muncie era uniforms.

AND that neither team has names on back of jerseys.

And Cal is up 10-3.
          Last edited by Cal Alamein; 23-09-2017, 20:30.

Comment

This is a new tradition at Berkeley

They will be worn at home for the Joe Roth Memorial Game every season.

Roth was the quarterback on the Muncie teams, and won a PAC-8 co-championship in 1975 before dying of melanoma a year later. The Roth Memorial Game is the one in which Cal hosts one of the LA universities (they alternate annually).

Currently 13-10 Spoiled Children, but the Bear never quits

Comment

The Bear never quits. The Bear sometimes dies.

Comment

The Bears of Baylor woke up from their 3-week hibernation. They fought like hell but came up short.

Western Illinois Leathernecks thrash Coastal Carolina Chanticleers in a battle of two brilliantly nicknamed schools.

Comment

Coastal Carolina is more of a baseball school.

Comment

Best QB in the Country (TM) Sam Darnold coughs the ball up under pressure and USC lose in the Palouse to Washington State in a really entertaining game. It's great to see Mike Leach having Wazzu back at their anarchic unpredictable best. It's a real bitch playing in Pullman.

Comment

When you’re a Jet, you’re a Jet all the way . . .

Comment

Troy Trojans go on the road in front of 100,000 to beat LSU. First non-conference home loss for the Tigers since 2000. Must be the rarely seen purple jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          The Bear never quits. The Bear sometimes dies.
                          I was in San Francisco last weekend. Watching Spoiled Children sorority girls (with their greek letters on their socks) attempt to figure out BART ticketing and map at Powell Street while dodging everything else about it was a sight to see.

Comment

Oh man

Netflix would have optioned that series in a heartbeat

Comment

Went to the game Saturday vs Indiana. Proper tailgate with 30 people. I still have a lot of random food and beer I won't drinks

Most lackluster 31-pt victory I can imagine. It didn't feel like PSU played very well. And yet, 45-14 against a decent opponent. Unless they can improve in some key areas, the season could go sideways in October

Comment

Upset of the season. OU 31, ISU 38.
                                The Cyclone defense played superbly in the second half never allowing the Sooners a breakout play. The Iowa State offense was led by a 3rd string QB and augmented even more impressively by MLB/QB Joel Lanning. For the last two years he was the starting QB, but was switched to MLB for his senior season. He ran the show on short yardage plays and on defense he made a number of tackles, recovered a fumble and picked up a very significant sack of Baker Mayfield.

Only consolation is now I will not get too keyed up w/ future OU games - wishing our rival Oklahoma State had not lost earlier to TCU.

Comment

That whole Bedlam is going to determine the National Champion didn’t age too well, did it.

This is the magical weekend that Indiana of Pennsylvania meets California of Pennsylvania

Comment

Bear Northwestern 31-7 without playing very well in many facets. Oh well.

The IUP-CUP game is apparently called The Coal Bowl, but hasn’t had that name for long.

PSAC games are on TV sometimes now. Just in PA, but they attract ok crowds for D2. 4-5000
                                    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 07-10-2017, 23:46.

Comment

Lost weekend for the Washington schools. The PAC-12 is weird

Not as weird as Columbia being 5-0 and top of the Ivies, though.

Comment

Well, that was satisfying.

I'm still not optimistic about next week, but putting a 42-13 beatdown on Michigan in front of 110,000 people and ESPN GameDay is pretty cool. I didn't go to the game. I don't have season tickets and games like that are too expensive for me right now, but still.

Still depressed about Penn State hockey, though.

Comment

OSU-PSU.

What a stark contrast between uniforms. PSU - classy, unpretentious; OSU - ridiculously hideous, supposedly contrived to help "recruiting." Hope it bites them on their buckeye ass.

Comment

Sorry Reed, tough loss. I can now see OSU backing into the final four unless the Badgers take them down.

#4 TCU loses to the surging Cyclones of Iowa State.

Comment

tOSU should be docked places for those uniforms.

So should Northwestern (black w/purple hoop, some kind of He-Man style wildcat and gold lightning bolt on the helmet).

Comment

I really hate what Oregon/Nike hath wrought ----- grranimal uniforms

Comment

What a shitty day

Comment

Hang on: Penn State scored from the opponent's kick-off, then scored from a shitty interception... AND LOST?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X