The B Teams Boycott EFL Trophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Cheapest adult seat is £36 with a warning it may have a restricted view.
    Jesus. Now there's a reason to boycott the fucking competition.

Comment

Barnsley v Oxford in 2016 attracted 59,000, which was more than Barnsley v Millwall got in the Div 1 play-off final (51,000). I'm not sure that any Wembley final in the EFL in the new stadium has attracted less than 50,000 but those in Cardiff's finals and the old stadium were sometimes lower.

In terms of final attendance, the addition of B teams seems to have tried to fix something that wasn't broken (OTOH this assumes that the league was thinking of the health of the competition, rather than some other motive, when they invited those teams).
      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 09-02-2018, 17:03.

Comment

I'm not sure that any Wembley final in the EFL in the new stadium has attracted less than 50,000
        Fleetwood v Burton in 2014 only got around 20,000 I think

Comment

That's literally ALL their fans

Comment

Plus a few thousand voyeurs.

Comment

Reading Blue and Amber (Shrewsbury message board) is hilarious at the moment.

People who boycotted early rounds are now wondering if the point has been made as Salop have a chance of a Wembley final.

The point hasn't been made.

Comment

If Shrewsbury get there I reckon it will be at least a 30,000 crowd. Maybe 40,000.
                39,999 at best.

Comment

Hurrah. See you at Wembley, imps!

Comment

Hurrah. See you at Wembley, imps!
                    Congrats.

I believe City have now sold 20,000 tickets, (or certainly their first allocation anyway) with 10,000 more tickets wanted by the club.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                      39,999 at best.
                      39,998 I reckon.

Comment

Good man.

Comment

I'll post this here, because I've no wish to upset people, or get in to internet feuds, but fuck me there are some right hypocritical fuckers among our support.

That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                            I'll post this here, because I've no wish to upset people, or get in to internet feuds, but fuck me there are some right hypocritical fuckers among our support.

That's all.
                            You've been on B&A, haven't you? You know it does your blood pressure no good! <smiley thing> I shall have to go and look now. If it helps, I doubt they're any different to most clubs.

Never thought I'd find myself taking the same side as Geoff...

Comment

Over 25,000 Lincoln tickets now sold. Blimey.

Comment

Who knew we had so many fans? I guess all those National League crowds of 2,500 were misprints.

Comment

How many national league games did you go to, imp?

Comment

How many national league games did you go to, imp?
                                    I don't know - about three a season what with living on another continent and then another land mass. If it's really important to you, though, I can count them.

Comment

Nah. I've been to more Shrewsbury games this year than for a long time. It helps when they're winning.

There are always some people who think you're not allowed to celebrate anything unless you've been to every Tuesday night away game in a blizzard.

Me, I'm just happy to have a bandwagon. I've done enough trudging.

Comment

Shrewsbury have sold about 6000 as of today.

The tickets are on general sale now, so there may be a flurry, or not.

I am boycotting, but I know a far few who are hedging their bets on another Wembley appearance in May. And of course the early bird season tickets are on until the 15 April at 300 quid.

All adds up and if people are choosing then this discredited competition is second/third choice.

Comment

Spurs' kids matching the performance of their Firsts tonight.

Anyhoo, I was thinking about the possibility of Town making the final of this thing. I know, long way away, but it's more about deciding what I would do given the bastardisation of the competition. If it's against another EFL team then I'm pretty certain we would go. It would be 20 years since Ipswich's last Wembley final and 42 years since the one before that. Couldn't really pass up on that chance.

But what if it's against Leicester City U21s? Then I'm really not sure at all. And I'm frankly fucking fuming that this has been allowed to happen. What a great-but-shit occasion that could be.

Since the last time we discussed the competition was about attendances at the finals, I should probably mention that last year's Sunderland v Portsmouth match drew an incredible 85 021.

Comment

Hang on... the group matches go to penalties? WTAF?

Comment

Well, an eventful night for Malachi Fagan-Walcott of Spurs U21 in one of the sham matches. He scored the own goal that gave Colchester the lead, and also netted the winning penalty for Spurs U21 in sudden death.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                                Well, an eventful night for Malachi Fagan-Walcott of Spurs U21 in one of the sham matches. He scored the own goal that gave Colchester the lead, and also netted the winning penalty for Spurs U21 in sudden death.
                                                An Irish Jamaican? I can't help feeling that we could do more to mine this particular area of the diaspora.

Comment

Originally posted by NickSTFU View Post
                                                  Shrewsbury have sold about 6000 as of today.
                                                  Digging up old threads really messes with my head, before I check dates. I know there's not much to do on a Tuesday night but still.

Anyway, Exeter beat Newport. As always, don't care but reserve the right to care in 6 months' time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

One of my son's old schoolmates lined up for Spurs. I'll be interested to see how his career develops.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X