Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix

I recently pulled out Phoenix's second album, "Alphabetical", and played it for the first time in what must be a decade. I'd forgotten what a great album this is. "Love for Granted" and "If It's Not With You" are amazing songs.

I remember first hearing their debut, "United" when it came out in 2000. It was so fresh and different, and is still one of the best debut albums ever, I'd say.

What I think is so great about them is that each of their albums is different, but still recognisably them. Their records are so crafted, so chock full of hooks and yet they are underappreciated. They seemed to have made a breakthrough with the "Wolfgang..." album, but that seems to have faded now.

I've not heard the latest yet. Is it good?

What's your favourite Phoenix?

Track(s) - Love Like A Sunset

Comment

It's Never Been Like That is another fine album. I like these lads so keen to know about the new album if anyone's heard it.

Comment

Every Phoenix album has at least one brilliant song on it. As complete albums some are better than other and I always end up finding the full albums give me fatigue, partly because they craft a sound each time. I have friends who absolutely love them and I can see why - I just struggle to get over that hump.

Their best song for me is Too Young off United, though a lot of that is memory related no doubt.

Comment

Which is the one with the line Tired of takeaways, expired food? There aren't enough lyrics like that.

Comment

Off United, which is probably the album I have listened to most. Wolfgang is probably their better album as a whole.

Comment

Working...
            X