No announcement yet.

There's Posh: Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pox-ridden Posh take a ridiculously lucky early goal in the second half.

Comment

I see that these scum(ding!) have advertising hoardings sponsored by The Sun.

Comment

Utterly deserved equaliser from our new god...

Comment

Bugger. Still, it looked offside.

Comment

Still, it's the memory of these balmy summer afternoons that helps to tide you through the long cold winter.

Comment

Fucking spawny goal gives the southern whinning tosser thugs an totally undeserved lead.

Comment

I fucking hate southern league teams. Whining, cheating filth the lot of them. And they all pay the snivelling referees.

Comment

Shrewsbury 3 v 2 Rochdale and the Ref

If you want to see an example of a ref giving a penalty to make up for getting one wrong watch the highlights of this game. Rochdale got a second penalty, fuck knows what for. The officials were shit apart from the correct not offside decision for the Shrewsbury winner.

3 league wins in a row to start the season. Feels good.

Comment

Also keeping 2 small children entertained while watching a football match is an interesting challenge

Comment

I spent a good 2-3 hours with some mates from my rugby club marking out the pitch for the new season. We hire our pitch at cheaper rates but this means we have to do our own line markings. It was good fun but it's difficult to get straight lines!

Comment

HOMOPHOBE!

Comment

Leicester City 2-0 Brighton & Hove Albion

We were never anything other than comfortable. Harry Maguire looks very good indeed. He attacks the ball rather than just waiting to block shots and crosses, and he can pass a bit too. Mahrez was excellent too.

Brighton look doomed to me. No creativity or even any attacking intent.

Comment

Well I tootled down on the train to watch Dover Athletic v Barrow for no better reason than non-league semi-professional football on a nice sunny day is the perfect cure for a brutally brutal hangover. And they have a castle. I love a good castle.

As I'm sure a lot of you already know, Crabble is an excellent quirky ground halfway up a steep hill with a big slope, four covered sides and plenty of supporting pillars. I liked it a lot. Barrow made an atmosphere of it by bringing about 50 for the 350+ mile trip and 1-1 was a fair result. An excellent day out all round. One Dover fan even had a drum, which made me wonder what is the lowest level of football that drums have been used at...

Comment

Originally posted by Corieltauvian View Post
                              What's happening at Clapton? Is there something I can read?
                              It's a complicated situation, summarised heroically by twohundredpercent: http://twohundredpercent.net/clapton...s-worst-times/

All background information can be found on this site: http://www.claptonfc.info/

Ultras' boycott statement here: http://www.claptonultras.org/2017/08...ot-the-regime/

I can't see the boycott ending any time soon, which is a pity, given the fantastic performance reported today. But I agree completely with the stance taken.

Comment

I went to Mursley United v Unite MK in the Spartan South Midlands League Division 2. Mursley is one of the first villages you reach when travelling west out of Milton Keynes, to the south of the road to Buckingham. The football club is located on the edge of the village and beyond the far touchline there seems to be nothing but open fields and enormous north Buckinghamshire skies. In its own, exceedingly windy, way it's a spectacular place to watch a game.

Mursley United went into the match rather surprisingly the only unbeaten local team in the division; Unite MK had won only the first of their four fixtures, subsequently losing 5-1, 6-1 and 3-1. At half time today Unite were 3-0 up, having been firm in defence and incisive in attack. For their part, Mursley were far too reliant on dangerous but isolated striker Lewis Delahaye, while their portly goalkeeper took an approach to his tasks that at times bordered on the avant garde.

Things were more even in the second half, Delahaye pulling a goal back in a one-on-one with the keeper, only for Unite MK to score a fourth from a scrambled corner shortly afterwards. All the while locals wandered about, watching the game as they watched their kids in the small play facility next to the clubhouse. A three-legged black labrador dashed happily about behind the goal as its owner threw a ball. All in all, a very pleasant afternoon of local village football.

Comment

The French town of Champagnole describes itself as the "Pearl of the Jura". I didn't go there today, instead visiting it's twin town, Dukinfield, which I believe advertises itself as "fairly anonymous place near Ashton-under-Lyne". I watched Dukinfield Town play Wythenshawe Amateurs in the Manchester League at Woodhams Park, which is railed off and has hard standing all around, but otherwise not much else. I think a bar is shared with the adjacent rugby club.

The game wasn't helped by the wind. Against the run of play the home side took the lead then Wythenshawe equalised just before the break. The second half got rather heated at times, and, after missing a number of chances, the visitors eventually got what turned out to be the winner. I'm fairly sure that Dukinfield are the first team I've seen whose shirt sponsorship is from a pole dancing club.

Comment

Should have said... Lenny the Lion participated in the minute silence for the victims of the Barcelona vehicle attack. Standing on the centre circle, majestic maned head bowed.

Comment

Olivebank for Musselburgh v Bathgate.

We've been scoring pretty freely so Bathgate came to close us down and try and hit on the break leading to a very rare 0-0 at this level. Frustrating but on to St. Andrews next week.

Comment

Leamington 2-3 Stockport County

Last time we came here there was no segregation, but we had an end and a bit of a side this time, so no access to the clubhouse where I had a decent pie in 2014. Settled for the burger van, then. Strange match, poor overall and very scrappy with so many stoppages. All forgotten in the joy of a 94th minute winner right in front of us, and an entertaining "chase" at walking pace by stewards of one pitch-invading miscreant among our lot, through the terrace, in the gap behind the terrace, and then into the farmer's field behind that.

Comment

Olivebank is the only ground in the SJFA I've been to, it is a bit of a trek from Oxfordshire though.

Another new plastic pitch at Quorn's Farley Way Stadium for their 1-3 defeat against AFC Mansfield in the FA Cup, the ground itself is good for step 5 with a 300 seater stand down one side and a covered terrace the width of the pitch behind one goal. A really tight match in the first half and the start of the 2nd, so when Quorn took the lead with 25 minutes to go I thought that was probably it, but a 5 minute hat-trick from Ollie Fearon turned the match around.

Comment

Tower Hamlets 0-4 Takeley

Limehouse station being closed and the District Line being patchy meant I made a late switch to this FA Cup game instead of Hornchurch. It wasn't as one-sided as the score suggests; Takeley took an early lead through a soft goal, before a really good second goal put them 2-0 up after barely 10 minutes. If Tower Hamlets could've scored the next goal - and they had a couple of chances - it could have gone either way, but instead they put a clumsy own goal into their own net with 15 mins to go, and fell apart therein. Would've been 0-5 had the Takeley winger not chalked up an early miss of the season contender by hitting the post after rounding both the goalkeeper and a covering defender.

Good job the main stand at Mile End Stadium offers a good view, as it's the only redeeming feature of what is very much an athletics stadium occasionally hosting football, rather than a football ground in an athletics track.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                                              It's a complicated situation, summarised heroically by twohundredpercent: http://twohundredpercent.net/clapton...s-worst-times/

All background information can be found on this site: http://www.claptonfc.info/

Ultras' boycott statement here: http://www.claptonultras.org/2017/08...ot-the-regime/

I can't see the boycott ending any time soon, which is a pity, given the fantastic performance reported today. But I agree completely with the stance taken.
                                              Just read the bit on the 200% website and bloody hell that's complicated. Hopefully Clapton will survive and the fans will end up taking over and owning the club. What does Vince McBean want out of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin the happy pig View Post
                                                Olivebank is the only ground in the SJFA I've been to, it is a bit of a trek from Oxfordshire though.
                                                Part-timer...

Comment

Visited the Estádio do Dragăo to watch FC Porto v Moreirense in what is quite possibly the most one-sided match I have ever witnessed ... and even then Porto made hard work of the 3-0 scoreline. Really impressed with Vincente Aboubakar's hat-trick and also the atmosphere in the stadium with the two sets of fan groups at opposite ends of the stadium chanting to each other for the whole 90 minutes. I was also surprised to see a 50,000+ sell out on a sweltering Sunday evening.
                                                  All in all a well spent €25 (for a €10 ticket)

Comment

Bracknell Town 0 Winchester City 4 - FA Cup Preliminary Round

Bracknell hit the bar and had two headers cleared off the line before Winchester opened the scoring. City lead 2-0 at HT and any hopes of salvaging a draw were dashed when Bracknell were reduced to 10 men just after the restart. Home side are focusing on league promotion this year so this was a decent guide to the standards they'll have to reach. Winchester goalkeeper calling fans behind the goals "cunts" was the high point for many at the game.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X