X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a nectar card?

https://twitter.com/nectar/status/897424938969288704

Still got a nectar card?

Shit, I have got loads of points on mine.

Comment

Spend the points and Nectar have to reimburse the retailer is what I've read in that Twitter thread.

I think we'll be looking for a non-Nectar supermarket soon, so bye-bye Sainsburys. Anyone know much about Aldi of Lidl? (I despise Tesco).

Comment

I'm already boycotting Tesco (Signed up to IDS's "Slavefare" scheme) and ASDA (can't remember why, it must have been important [!])

Morrisons is too far away.

So Waitrose it is.

Don't drive, so BP not relevant.

I live in Sheffield, and both ECML and TransPennine are not options I can avoid, sadly.

(And BE, use your points ASAP)

Vue cinema is at Meadowhall, so if I'm trolling out east I'll go to Broughton Lane instead - as it's a bigger (better) multiplex.

My shopping at Debenham and Freebody is done "in store" - their Nectar use is online only, IIRC.

And it's not as if the massive 0.5% (or whatever the discount is anyway) is a huge draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
          I'm not authorised to read these tweets, what does it say?

Comment

Originally posted by wiblflibl View Post
            I think we'll be looking for a non-Nectar supermarket soon, so bye-bye Sainsburys. Anyone know much about Aldi of Lidl? (I despise Tesco).
            I've used Lidl for the years and I can't fault the quality. Their fruit and veg lasts an age and I can buy most products significantly cheaper than I can in Tesco's or Sainbury's. The only problem I have is that every so often I can't find a mainline product and have to go to one of the big retailers, but I can cope with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
              I'm not authorised to read these tweets, what does it say?
              "Great news – Daily Mail has just joined Nectar! 30 days to link your MyMail account with Nectar."

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                "Great news – Daily Mail has just joined Nectar! 30 days to link your MyMail account with Nectar."
                Wish I'd never asked. Thanks GO.

Comment

For Christ's sake - I've been collecting Nectar points for some years now. My account has something like 80,000 points - ie, worth around £400...

Comment

Use them to buy food for a food bank.

Comment

*Like*

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                        I've used Lidl for the years and I can't fault the quality. Their fruit and veg lasts an age and I can buy most products significantly cheaper than I can in Tesco's or Sainbury's. The only problem I have is that every so often I can't find a mainline product and have to go to one of the big retailers, but I can cope with that.
                        What's their organic selection like? One opened near us a couple of years ago but, the couple of times I've visited, the selection looked meagre. Actually, it may be an Aldi. I can never tell the difference even when people can't mention food from there without saying the suffix "...from Lidl/Aldi" loudly and repeatedly.

A Tesco opened down the bottom of our road after years where the plot was empty. When it finally opened, I pledged to boycott it. I am in there three, maybe, four times a week. Sometime in flip flops and, once, in slippers.

Comment

Bargains Bargains Bargains!

Comment

"Land Gull"

Comment

I'm already boycotting Tesco (Signed up to IDS's "Slavefare" scheme) and ASDA (can't remember why, it must have been important [!])

Morrisons is too far away.

So Waitrose it is.

Don't drive, so BP not relevant.

I live in Sheffield, and both ECML and TransPennine are not options I can avoid, sadly.
                              Aren't there any non-supermarket shops in Sheffield? If so, you don't have to use any of the above.

Comment

Not much of a fan of Nectar since Sainsbury's halved the points, and cut back on the value of the vouchers, and since British Gas ditched them (used to get 100 points per online meter reading). It would be no great sacrifice to stop using it. Despite Sainsbury's press office approved cut and paste Twitter responses, the thread proves that for most people Nectar = Sainsbury's. It would be interesting if this campaign gathers any momentum outside of Twitter.

Comment

Yeah, we haven't really let the points rack up without cashing them in since the value was cut and wouldn't particularly miss it. Although Waitrose doubled the spend to get a free paper not too long afterwards so Sainsbury's (via Nectar) aren't alone in diluting their customer loyalty benefits.

All the supermarkets stock the Heil anyway, which must be a bigger contribution towards supporting and sustaining Dacre's poison.

Comment

Weren't any of you tempted to boycott Sainsbury's before now, considering John Sainsbury is one of the biggest Tory donors?
                                    Last edited by Thierry Ennui; 17-08-2017, 13:21.

Comment

Originally posted by wiblflibl View Post
                                      Anyone know much about Aldi of Lidl? (I despise Tesco).
                                      We use Aldi for our main shop now. Very cheap and the quality is perfectly decent. They basically sell their own stuff, so don't go in there expecting to find a load of branded goods, or an enormous range. Typically we'll also pop into Morrisons for a few bits and pieces Aldi don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                                        Aren't there any non-supermarket shops in Sheffield? If so, you don't have to use any of the above.
                                        Yes.

But there's a Tescos and a Sainsbury's around the corner, and the Waitrose is directly across the road from the Laundromat.

Comment

Comment

Decent representation of when I worked at Asda in Bury from 1999-2002. All that's missing are the two old blokes who'd wander the aisles together, the English fella not understanding the Polish bloke and the Polish fella not understanding the English bloke, before they joined the scrum at the Reductions section at 7.55pm.

Comment

and ASDA (can't remember why, it must have been important [!])
                                              Franchise FC?

Comment

You dare throw them out if you've got £400 on them. Send me your nectar cards and I'll dispose of your points ethically. On Baileys, Party Rings, and wet wipes.

Comment

Wooh, that's a party.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X