Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know that you're getting old when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piles are a legitimate reason to feel sorry for yourself!

Comment

Hairy arse cheeks.

Comment

I recently discovered that I'm too old to be a member of the NYPD's scuba team. I'm also too unfit. In fact, I was probably never fit enough. Maybe when I was 22.
        Somehow I just thought that sounded like a cool job so I looked them up on the web. Not that I thought I would go do it. I was just curious. But its demoralizing anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          Hairy arse cheeks.
          You just HAD to remind me of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
            Hairy arse cheeks.
            That started for me around 16. It's unfortunate. I have too much hair to shave it all off, but not enough that I could go for a full Wolvernie look. It just looks naff.

Comment

Don't fancy a "back, crack and sack" then?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                Don't fancy a "back, crack and sack" then?
                I don't know what that is, but I can guess, and no. It would just be too painful and it would grow back itchy.

I always thought it would be ok to do something that just removed all hair, but I think not having eyebrows would look weird.

Comment

You know you're getting old when your niece starts school, as mine did today.

Not helped by the fact that a) she's the spitting image of my sister, or b) she's going to the same school as me and my siblings did, so seeing my niece in the same uni as my wee sis is giving me mid-80s flashbacks...

Comment

When as a referee you come out of your changing room in your warm-up gear, then one of the players looks at you and says, "Are you the opposition? I reckon we might win today!"

Cheeky cunt, although I did burst out laughing. And was even gentleman enough after his team lost 0-5 not to go up to him and say, "You lot were so shite I reckon I might have beaten you today."

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                      You know you're getting old when your niece starts school, as mine did today.
                      A niece of mine started school 35 years ago.

Comment

My sister has a grandson, but not school age for another three years. Technically, I am old enough to be my entry level students' grandad (18 + 16 + 16).

Comment

A friend of mine became a grand uncle at 29!

Comment

A niece of mine is the head of the music department at her school and, more to the point, is about 5 years ahead of me in her teaching career.

Comment

My grand-daughter starts school in 3 weeks. She will attend the same school as my daughter, who has already dressed her in her new uniform and, as near as possible, replicated the ‘first day of school’ photos that we took in our garden some 21 years ago. The resemblance is remarkable.

Comment

I am now closer to 40 than 30.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                  I am now closer to 40 than 30.
                                  Me too

Comment

Haha, I suspect most people on this board are.

Comment

I'm closer to 50 than 30!

Comment

Christ in a few weeks I'll be nearer 80 than 30. What a bloody depressing thought for a Sunday morning....
                                        Hey ho, at least Gerontophile will be along soon...

Comment

That was my roundabout way of explaining that I've just turned 35. I know that's still sickeningly young by this place's standards.

Comment

Happy Birthday 3CR. I turned 50 on Tuesday.

Comment

Belated birthday greetings, WOM. I said Belated...NO, BELATED...YES, I SUPPOSE IT IS FOR THE TIME OF YEAR...

I just saw a headline, 'Six Noughties Bands That Deserve A Comeback.'

Tempus bleeding fugit.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                                Christ in a few weeks I'll be nearer 80 than 30. What a bloody depressing thought for a Sunday morning....
                                                Hey ho, at least Gerontophile will be along soon...
                                                Am I getting some sort of reputation on here? Quite possibly self-inflicted...

No, jdsx, you're safe enough. I don't 'do' Thistle fans. They're worse than bisexuals. (Insert evil smiley thing �� here.)

Comment

Am I getting some sort of reputation on here?

Gerontophile, earlier
                                                  Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 20-08-2017, 17:39.

Comment

Fuck sake Toby, give us some warning with the funnies. That's me almost had a wee leak while on the chuckles previous (Natalie Merchant), now I had the unpleasant sensation of laughing and swallowing a bit of baguette at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X