AV equipment to good home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AV equipment to good home

Any Londoners with access to a car in need of some cheap AV equipment? Having upgraded my setup, I'm looking to shift a 40" Samsung LCD telly from about five years ago (it has some "smart" capabilities, but you're better off with a Roku or similar), an all-in-one Sony home cinema surround sound system and Blu-Ray player (modded for multi-region DVD playback), and a brand new, unopened Logik 24" telly with built-in DVD. I'll entertain any offers but for an OTFer I'd probably take £100 for each of them.

Why do you have an unopened telly?

Comment

Oh and what did you get?

Comment

Tiny telly with built in DVD sounds like the kind of thing you'd win at a golf tourney in 2007.

Comment

Why do you have an unopened telly?
          Because as part of the deal to get the telly I did want (LG 55B7) for cheap, I had to buy a telly I didn't want. It still worked out saving me hundreds of pounds.

Comment

Those LGs look good.
            I'm all in for getting the 55" Sony OLED telly though. My current 8 year old telly has the standless thing with the slight lean on it and I really like the way it reflects light away from your face as well as the way it looks.
            The A1 has a similar feel to it.

Current telly:-

Dream telly

Did you upgrade the sound too?
            Last edited by hobbes; 08-08-2017, 15:14.

Comment

Yeah, went for the Dali Zensor 1 5.1 speakers running through a Denon X2300W. So much better than what I had before (but don't let that stop you buying it off me!)

I'm all in for getting the 55" Sony OLED telly though
              The A1? It's too expensive for me, for not a lot of difference in quality with the LG (it is an LG panel after all). If you're going to get it, though,I'd wait until at least Black Friday, if not next spring. These OLEDS drop in price massively throughout the year after their release. I only bought the one I did now because of the ridiculous deal Curry's had going - hence the surplus TV.

Comment

Just had a look on Currys. Jesus, that is a good deal on the LG. It was £3k a few weeks ago.
                The Sony has dropped from £3.5k to £3k recently. I'm fully expecting it to be around £2k by Xmas.

Those Dalis are cracking speakers. I've not heard the amp, but I know Denons are supposed to be really good.
                My Yamaha 673 is starting to struggle a bit (it's in too small and enclosed a stand so I think the heat has got to it over the years.) But it still sounds amazing with the Audica speakers I picked up criminally cheap a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                  Just had a look on Currys. Jesus, that is a good deal on the LG. It was £3k a few weeks ago.
                  I doubt you're even looking at the deal I got, because a) it was a limited time offer and b) it wasn't technically on the LG, it was on the cheapo TV, but applied to both when bought together. The whole thing cost less than £2k.

Comment

Blimey. That's insane.

Comment

Yep. I wasn't planning to buy it for months, but stumbled across the deal on avforums. Spent a day deliberating, then bit the bullet.

Anyway, buy my old stuff, OTFers! Or my new stuff that I don't want!

Comment

Ah shite. I could have got the A1 for £2300 on that deal too. And had a 24" logik to sell...

Comment

Oh and buy GY's telly!

Comment

It's not quite as good as the deal I got but Curry's have a really good price on the 2017 LGs right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X