quail hollow victory for bbc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quail hollow victory for bbc

The beeb have got broadcasting rights to the USPGA this week, having lost the Open to Sky. But, while the PGA is far behind the other majors in terms of prestige, ironically it normally has the strongest field and often produces a very dramatic finale.

Favourite this week will be Jordan Spieth, after his Open win. Victory this week would mean a career grand slam for him aged 24. Hideki Matsuyama has just shot a 61 to win the WGC, with Charley Hoffman also looking solid. And previous winners on tour around this course include Rory McIlroy, J.B. Holmes and Rickie Fowler. Keep an eye on Justin Thomas, too - on a few occasions in the past the PGA's gone to a relatively unheralded player who's had a batch of recent wins on tour (Tway, Brooks, Dufner, Walker last year). If all of them are in the mix Sunday night it will be a hell of a tournament!
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 07-08-2017, 09:10.

Matsuyama all the way now for me. Go Hideki!

Comment

Jason Day just had a Van de Velde at Carnoustie sort of hole on the 18th. He'd made a run of birdies to put himself in contention as everyone else was drifting backwards over the last few holes of the day... And then he just had the most astonishing brainfade.

Comment

Surely that has been recast now as Speith on the Augusta 12th?

Comment

That thing Kisner does where he spits on the side of every green. Is he chewing tobacco or something? He can fuck off with that. In fact I'd have him thrown off the course. Who does he think he is, an extra on Blazing Saddles?

Comment

Just been watching yesterday 's close of play and came here to post that I hope Kisner doesn't win because he's a gibber. And then I saw Rogin' s post.

Anyone who spits without conscience in public is a cunt. No excuse.

Um, Kooch is within 10 shots of the lead.... No. That would be ridiculous.

Nice course.

Comment

Gibber, meant gobber.

Comment

Justin Thomas got over the line at last, good call from Rogin in his intro.

Comment

After that now famous putt - 12 seconds teetering on the edge - I was wondering about the laws of sport and gravity. How long before bails have to fall off stumps? Or a bar has to stay up for the pole vault?

Rhetorical questions really, I can't be bothered to check. But anyway, has anyone ever won/lost a tournament because of, say, a gust on a links course green or a well-timed earth tremor?

Comment

Working...
                  X