The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janik View Post
    BT Sport are ecstatic - a goal awarded by the video ref. It wasn't worth the delays in play, I feel.
    Watched this on a stream with Portuguese commentary - I don't speak Portuguese so was confused as to what was happening for a few seconds, as I'd imagine were the folk who actually went to the game. Very unsure that the outcome is worth the delay, and if the VAR were to be called into action several times in a game I suspect it would rapidly become extremely aggravating.

On the positive side it was good to see Iheanacho sparking, and Silva looks like he'll be a good player when he gets up to speed.

Comment

Chelsea v Norwich on now, after an Atl. Madrid v Sevilla 1-1 cup draw.

Also, Espanol v Barcelona. (Is there a 'y' in Espanol? It looks as if it might get a bit "kicky" soon.)

US TV has this habit of showing latest scores, in the top right corner of the screen. But, they will insist on showing final scores in games that didn't happen on the same day, but in the same 'round' of matches (including the league*).

Javi Fuego has just taken a ball smack in the face, from a teammate.

*Just as well the first division games are not taking place in a century when we had weather, and no undersoil.

Comment

Both Norwich and Espanyol are holding their own. (Of course it has a 'y'!)

Comment

Half-time in both, 0-0. Kenedy looks good.

Barcelona have their second/third team out (Spanish Cup). No idea about Espanyol. They haven't been on TV much this season. "And frankly, who cares?"

Comment

Norwich doing ok after an early Chelsea barrage. Hoping we can snatch another 1-0 win - we've done it plenty of times away this season.

Comment

Bugger

Comment

Norwich decide to help Batshuayi end his goal drought by standing to one side and giving him a tap in

Comment

Soft goal.

Comment

Jamal Lewis has got Zappacosta running for his life.

Comment

Messi's on for Barcelona.

And has just had a penalty saved. 0-0

*And exceptionally niggly and divey.

Comment

Espanyol take the lead in the 88th minute. In 'Espanyol'. (First leg, I think.)

Comment

Norwich SCORE IN THE 94th minute.

Comment

Woo and indeed, hoo

Comment

WOW!!!!!

Comment

You fucking beauty!!!

Comment

Flipping heck!

Comment

Bloody hell. Not sure I can take another 30 minutes of this!

Comment

Who's this idiot saying it's a penalty just because there is contact?

Comment

VAR is going well then. If you go down in the penalty box you make the TV symbol. That's not at all irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                          VAR is going well then. If you go down in the penalty box you make the TV symbol. That's not at all irritating.
                                          I've just had to explain to Mrs P why I just exclaimed "Oh fuck off!".

Comment

Chelsea remain as loveable as always for the neutral. All that money spent and they have to cheat to try to beat the country's 33rd-best team. Is there a rota for diving there these days?

Comment

I'm glad to arrive on this thread to the voice of sanity. Absolutely everyone on my Twitter timeline, including a Norwich fan, was saying that was a nailed-on penalty and an appalling decision not to give it. I thought I must have been going mad.

Comment

So, rather lucky to come through the first 15 unscathed. Surprised that Pinto hasn't earned a totting-up yellow as he's done several fouls to break up the play.

Oh, and the BBC heads spend the entire changeover moaning about the ref and VAR.

Comment

Oh, it's on the BBC? It's Fox here, so I assumed it was Sky.

Comment

Sky don't have the Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X