The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still feels like it.

Some unhappy Arsenal fans there. That one guy with very dramatic "Rubbish!" and "Boooooooooo!"

Comment

Pundits putting the boot in on Arsenal now.

Comment

Look, Liverpool were hanging on at the end, no doubt, but to suggest that scoring 4 whilst playing by far the better football is down to luck, is a bit disingenuous.

Anyway. Up the fucking reds.

Comment

It felt like they were lucky to win not lucky to score 4. And they were hanging on at the end. Not sure why you're being contentious.

Alan Shearer taking the piss out of Giggs's friendly record at the end there. Really chortling.

Comment

I think we'll agree to be bemused.

Comment

Doucoure handling the ball in for Watford provoked interesting reactions chez Felicity: Ms Felicity knows, as I bang on about it, that I am top of my old school friends' Fantasy league by a hair's breadth AND that Doucou is in my team. So she rushes in from the car to tell me that 5 live report the goal as dodgy, that VAR would rule it out and he'd get a card "Ha, ha".

Imagine my purring contentment when the goal stood due to no VAR and I was able to show her his/my 9-point tally and the goal on MOTD. Ha, and indeed: ha.

This should perhaps be in the Fantasy/games thread, but naebody never goes there, don't they no.

Comment

I was listening to Sports Report on the way home from the game I was at and R5's guy at Vicarage Road managed to simultaneously maintain that a) Doucoure handling of the ball was accidental and b) the goal would have been disallowed if VAR had been available.

Now, I think he's wrong on point a but had he been correct he was contradicting himself - surely a video ref would have to allow the goal if, in his opinion, the contact had been accidental?

Comment

It's obvious watching man utd tonight that the real problem with this team is Anthony Martial, and he urgently needs to be replaced by Alexis sanchez,

Comment

On the radio the Stoke fans were quite clearly chanting 'Paul Lambert's (something) army'

Comment

Barmy army.

Martial was mint. Pogba was imperious. What a man. What a player.

Comment

Yeah, but does Pogba fancy it on a rainy winter's night against Stoke?

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                          Barmy army.

Martial was mint. Pogba was imperious. What a man. What a player.

Are there any games duller than Man U at home to TheLikesOfStoke? I gave it a few minutes then turned over to University Challenge which was a belter. Some bloke had a hairslide and wacky shirt on though.

Comment

Pogba will be able to tell his grandkids that he bossed Stephen Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                              Are there any games duller than Man U at home to TheLikesOfStoke? I gave it a few minutes then turned over to University Challenge which was a belter.
                              Apparently one of the answers to a question was Burnley FC.

We've made it to the big time, boys!

Comment

Are there any games duller than Man U at home to TheLikesOfStoke? I gave it a few minutes then turned over to University Challenge which was a belter. Some bloke had a hairslide and wacky shirt on though.
                                Yes.

Comment

Three quality finishes, I have to admit. The only real 'game' to be had was in trying to predict when they'd arrive.

Comment

That may be the first time Valencia has struck the ball with his left foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                      Apparently one of the answers to a question was Burnley FC.

We've made it to the big time, boys!
                                      Burnley was one of three permitted answers to a single question (the other answers being Blackburn and Bolton). Accrington got a question all to themselves.

Comment

BT Sport are ecstatic - a goal awarded by the video ref. It wasn't worth the delays in play, I feel.

Comment

Leicester have still only managed two attempts on target over the now 175 minutes against Fleetwood. It's not exactly been inspiring stuff.

Comment

In "Mario Balotelli is still playing?" news, he has scored a couple to give Nice the lead at Monaco 1-2.

And, yes, he has been booked.

Comment

Falcao gets an equaliser in injury time.

Comment

Ed Woodward is David Davis level stupid

Comment

I was listening to Sports Report on the way home from the game I was at and R5's guy at Vicarage Road managed to simultaneously maintain that a) Doucoure handling of the ball was accidental and b) the goal would have been disallowed if VAR had been available.

Now, I think he's wrong on point a but had he been correct he was contradicting himself - surely a video ref would have to allow the goal if, in his opinion, the contact had been accidental?
                                                  He also managed to say something along the lines of "after watching two replays it was an obvious handball" which seemed contradictory to me.

Comment

Ah yes, I thought the same but had forgotten about it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X