No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benevento have just claimed their first point of the season in Serie A. It against Milan, via a 95th equaliser headed in by the Benevento goalkeeper! Brilliant.

Comment

Goalkeeper Brignoli arrives to head home the equaliser in stoppage time to give Benevento their first point of the season.

Tremendous stuff.

Comment

Bloody hell! Benevento get their first ever serie A point with an injury time goal by the keeper

Comment

What a header !!

Comment

They should have been playing rush goalie all along

Comment

Or just play him at Centre-Forward. Because not only was it a very symbolic goal, it was excellently taken. No luck involved, he ran and dived across the first defender to get to his head on it, and the flick header was the perfect technique to use.

Comment

Half man half biscuit said "everybody smiles when there's a dog on the pitch "but when a keeper scores it's a close second (so long as it's not against your team )

Comment

Agree - there were a lot of bodies between him and the goal. He guided that into pretty much the only available spot.

All credit to Benevento - I saw their match at Atalanta during the week and they really didn't deserve to get beaten.
                  Last edited by Jah Womble; 03-12-2017, 13:52.

Comment

In the post-match press conference, he said "I just closed my eyes and jumped"

https://twitter.com/SOSFanta/status/937314322463756288

Comment

That's some header, never seen anything like that, diving to connect with loads of players in front of him. Magnificent stuff.

Comment

So. How many do we think West Ham will ship today? I'll start the bidding at six.

Comment

Depends when City get bored.

Comment

They don't strike me as a side who get bored of scoring.

Comment

City are making David Moyes look good here.

Comment

West Ham lead and deservedly. Gary Neville is enjoying this immensely.

Comment

The attitude of Man City's players in that half reflects perfectly that of the posters upthread that 'assumed' that they'd simply take West Ham to the cleaners.

That's not a sneer - I expected the same. However, Guardiola's mob have looked more than a little fragile at the back of late. They'll likely turn things around second half, but there's plenty there for rivals to ponder: the title race needn't be over yet if others want to do something about it.

Comment

At the very least, Jose will be taking extensive notes right now...and there goes the equaliser

Comment

So City wrestle themselves the points again. While they may have been blowing sides away earlier in the season, the level of effort has been what has made a difference in these past few games: Silva's winner there was about sheer will and determination.

But it comes to something when you're playing into the corner in order to beat West Ham. I stand by my belief that there are weaknesses there to be exploited.

Comment

West Ham almost benefitted from my reverse psychology there.

<ahem>

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          In the post-match press conference, he said "I just closed my eyes and jumped"
                                          That's a great header. Somewhere there must be a YouTube channel just for clips of goalies scoring. I'd subscribe to that.

I watched the FA Cup round up. Really liked the Exeter blue shirt with asymmetric white stripe. Classy!

Comment

Just finished watching the last day of the Brazilian season. With just two relegation places and the final Libertadores places to be decided, I thought it'd be fairly dull. I was wrong. Sport survived with a 1-0 win against Corinthians and Vitória were also safe - until they conceded an added time penalty to Flamengo. Fortunately, 30 seconds later in the 5th added minute Chapecoense scored the winner against Coritiba to send them down instead. So Coritiba and Avaí are relegated along with Ponte Preta and Atlético-GO.

Special mention for Chapecoense whose late winner lifted them to 8th and a place in next year's Libertadores.

Comment

Lazio nick a winner in injury time at Sampdoria. 1-2.

Comment

Right. Who's in for MOTD2?

Comment

West Ham looked alright in the highlights

Comment

Reckon that booking for diving after getting scythed down is a contender for most ludicrous refereeing decision of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X