No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messi is a bit of a shortarse, but he is taller than two of the officials at the Valencia game.

Comment

Motd2 time.

Ugh Man City scoring jammy scrubby goals a la Man Utd there. They're both horrible hateful clubs at the moment aren't they.

Comment

This tactical bit is weirdly set up and shot. Looking over Kevin Kilbane's shoulder.

Comment

I listened to the radio commentary of Southampton v Everton today and Everton sounded well beaten. Watching the highlights just now they looked well beaten too.

Comment

Watched it live, they're a shambles, Dyche or Silva would be mad to take it on, basic shit has gone, Michael Keane has gone from "I wish we had him "to "England, you're welcome to him "

Comment

How was that not a foul by Xhaka? The refs aren't even pretending they don't give the rub to the big clubs any more

Comment

Ah, the knee slide. The celebration of wankers.

Poor defending to give away the penalty though.

Comment

I mean, seriously. Who does a knee slide after scoring a penalty?!?

Comment

Martin Keown bigging up Burnley for their quality football. The pundits are changing their tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Ah, the knee slide. The celebration of wankers.

Poor defending to give away the penalty though.

Comment

I had to give some thought to my choice of Sunday night Brazilian match. With Corinthians having already run away with the league and not much at stake in most of the other matches, I decided on the relegation battle between Ponte Preta and Vitória. I was not disappointed.

Ponte took an early 2-0 lead but shortly after their centre back Rodrigo was sent off, apparently for trying to insert his finger into the arse of Vitória forward Tréllez. Nevertheless, they maintained their lead until half-time but in the second half two goals in a minute drew Vitória level and with 9 minutes remaining Tréllez put them in the lead. This provoked a pitch invasion and the teams had to make a run for the tunnels. Tear gas and rubber bullets followed. It took the authorities 50 minutes to make the wise decision not to try to finish the match and the game was abandoned.

Assuming the result stands, Ponte are relegated and Vitória rise to 15th place, though they still may need points from their final game against Flamengo to be sure of survival.

Here's the goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm2Vh2od5Gs

And here's some of the pitch invasion and riot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML14-H_x8Vc

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          Is that an argument to the contrary? I'm not that convinced <winkything>.

Comment

ole gunnar solksjaer seems like a pretty decent bloke. It's a shame he picked cardiff and made such an utter hames of his managerial career. He's one of the few people I've heard talking enthusiastically about the importance of education and human development as part of the development of young players. He seems to have turned it around a bit at molde so maybe he can work up to having another stab at things.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                              Michael Keane has gone from "I wish we had him "to "England, you're welcome to him "
                              That's nothing compared to whatever the fuck they've done to Ashley Williams and unlike Keane, it's affecting his form for his country.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                Motd2 time.

Ugh Man City scoring jammy scrubby goals a la Man Utd there. They're both horrible hateful clubs at the moment aren't they.
                                I don't think they are anywhere near. It may have been pretty miserable yesterday, but Manchester City tend to play exciting attacking football.

Comment

I've just been watching that game (delayed obviously), and over 90 minutes I somehow went from "come on you plucky Terriers" to "finish them off please, City". Their tactics were fair enough, and almost worked - they kept De Bruyne quieter than most other teams in the league have managed.

But it's not their defending in numbers that grates, it's the petty stuff that goes with it (does it have to? maybe). Van LaParra has got previous, he's basically a cheat. And Wagner is a serial moaner, however brilliant a job he's done.

They're not there to give me a warm glow, I get that. So - I haven't got one.

Comment

But, but...they're so plucky...

Speaking of which, it's the visit of Brentford to Olly's QPR.

Comment

Brentford 2-0 up and cruising. QPR score twice in injury time.

Comment

I watched from the 70th to 90th minute of that in the back of a cab then missed the two QPR goals paying the fare and opening my front door. I’d considered going to it too.

How many QPR fans had left by the final minutes?
                                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-11-2017, 22:33.

Comment

Yeah, a lot had gone early.

Comment

Championship show was much better this week with the female presenter (apologies, I don't recall her name) hosting. Is this a permanent switch? I haven't caught it for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Olly not happy camper about fans leaving early. Catching seven shades of shit from those who did.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/stat...65967621464071

Comment

Vardy and Mahrez have both scored beauties for a 2-0 lead at the half at home to Tottenham.

Comment

Sin é, United 3-0 up already - Young's free was a stormer.

Comment

Fuenlabrada have taken the lead at Real Madrid, after a stinging shot goes through about 4 defenders (including one twat who ducks out of the way), then keeper only just sees it last minute, and touches it on to the bar, it then hits his face, then his other hand, then goes in, STILL at about 100 mph.

*Funny as fuck.

**Milla was the scorer.
                                                    Last edited by Gerontophile; 28-11-2017, 21:02.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X