• Show
Clear All

Can't say Sevilla didn't deserve that

Comment

Fuck this. Jokers.

Comment

That Night In Sevilla.

Comment

Liverpool should still go through, but for fuck's SAKE. What's wrong with just turning up once in a while?

Comment

Oh and yes, in before the hubris of Spartak winning.

Comment

I listened to the second half on the radio while washing up. It felt inevitable that Liverpool would fuck that up as soon as Pat Nevin said they'd have an easy second half.

Comment

Pat Nevin can kiss my arse.

Not necessarily because of that, but just in general.

Comment

Fuckin NME readers.

Comment

It was some half-time team talk.

"Spanish media say Eduardo Berizzo, who is suffering with prostate cancer, told his players at half-time in Tuesday's game at Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan"
                    Last edited by Mumpo; 22-11-2017, 10:40.

Comment

The blame for the result last night falls squarely on Klopp, I reckon.
                      All through the first half Sevilla had the bossing of midfield and made chances but didn't put them away. Liverpool's attacks came from fast breaks over the top, bypassing midfield almost entirely. But Henderson and Wynaldum were outnumbered 5 to 2 most of the time as Mane looked a bit leggy and Coutinho wasn't interested.
                      Sevilla were faster to the 2nd ball, had more men in midfield, were harder in the tackle and always had options.
                      3-0 at half time was a fucking gift of a score.
                      At half time Klopp should have taken off one of Mane or Salah and Coutinho and shut up shop in the midfield with Can and Milner straight away.
                      The second half was no different to the first except Liverpool didn't put their occasional chances away whereas Sevilla just carried on doing what they were doing.

Had Klopp shut up shop in the 2nd half and Liverpool had made it to 60-65 minutes without conceding, Sevilla would have started to panic. They were already on the shirt pulling\leaving the foot in stage at the end of the first half. 3-0 down with 25 to go and there was no way they were staying with 11 on the field.
                      Also at 3-0 down with 25 to go they'd have pushed up much higher leaving Salah and Firmino tons of space to run in behind, with the added comfort of Liverpool having 2 lines of players to get through instead of one.
                      I like Klopp, but last night was a masterclass in poor game management from one of the apparently elite managers. Can you imagine Benitez or Guardiola leaving the back gate open like that? I can't.

Comment

To be fair, Henderson could be outnumbered in midfield if he was the first to arrive at the stadium.

Comment

Good to see the cash-strapped underdogs of Stamford Bridge getting the continued assistance they so richly deserve against the tyrannical might of Qarabag FK...

Comment

I wouldn't weep for a club backed by what is euphemistically described as one of azerbaijan's largest holding companies.

Comment

Ipswich are playing Wednesday on Sky tonight. Fuck knows why they've chosen this, neither team is renowned for enterprising football and games between us tend to be dour tussles between poor sides. Assume Sky are trying to send the nation to sleep early so they don't watch the Ashes on BT.

Comment

This is my first viewing of Barca’s plum third kit, it’s a bit much.

It doesn’t sound like Jonathan Pearce and his colour man are anywhere near the stadium on Sky’s coverage.

Comment

Can I just say that Areola made himself look a bit of a tit there?

No, okay then.

Comment

Even allowing for the disparity in the teams’ resources, Celtic’s defence are a shambles against PSG, 3-1 down now.

Comment

Now 4-1, with the best part of an hour to play. One more for PSG will break the ECL group-stage record...

(Suffice to say that I think I chose the right match to watch - no goals elsewhere as yet.)

Comment

Ipswich v Wednesday is predictably terrible so far.

Comment

Sky talk wistfully of the nine goal thriller at Bramall Lane last night while some more shoddy defending from Birmingham allows Middlesbrough to double their lead.

Comment

STOP FUCKING PASSING IT ACROSS THE DEFENCE ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Comment

With twenty-three minutes left, Manchester United are hanging onto the 0-0 draw it's abundantly clear they were told to try and hang on for.

Comment

Get in!

Comment

Underlining why we chose him to be at the centre of football's degrees of separation, Zlatan Ibrahimovic becomes the first player to appear in the Champions League for 7 (SEVEN) different clubs. Not sure whether this is an all-time record or merely post-rebrand, though.

Comment

Six for PSG...

...nope, seven. They are a machine.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X