No announcement yet.

The all-encompassing TV thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be worse. How much did Man Utd and Liverpool spend to serve up the same level of entertainment?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
      The tunnel was where the home supporters are. It was moved at Skys behest for the 2014 Premier League season.

Ah, has it been moved to a different stand (and in the traditional place on the halfway line) then? Or just within the same stand.

I haven't been there since 2008. In that game Darren Purse got sent off in injury time for a bad challenge on Andy Cole, who then pursued him towards the tunnel for a ruck which, as I recall, caused some away fans to surge towards the area.

Comment

Everton are out of Europe and looking in all sorts of trouble. Fireman Sam must be on his way as I write this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          Ah, has it been moved to a different stand (and in the traditional place on the halfway line) then? Or just within the same stand.

I haven't been there since 2008. In that game Darren Purse got sent off in injury time for a bad challenge on Andy Cole, who then pursued him towards the tunnel for a ruck which, as I recall, caused some away fans to surge towards the area.
          It has been moved to the side of the stand, so the players are still getting changed in the same place, but now they come out through a covered bit and Sky can get their pre-match tunnel shot (which is the entire reason for the change).

It always seemed odd to me that the players dressing rooms were directly under the away fans, therefore it could help gee up the visitors. It's only since about 2015-16 that the home fans have been given about a third of it. Sadly it was typical of the penny-pinching of the board at the time that when it came to building the Jimmy Mac and James Hargreaves Stands that they didn't build them with potential segregation in mind therefore the Cricket Field Stand is the only place that away fans can be put.

Not that the cricket club mind - it's a lovely little earner for them.

Comment

Arsenal 0 Red Star 0. And it's a cracking game. All out attack by both teams.

Comment

Friday evening gives us Gent v Standard Liege on FreeSports, 7.30 kickoff UK time.

Comment

Two games on S4C today, Cardiff Metropolitan University v Carmarthen Town in the league KO 12.45pm and then Newport County v Walsall in the FA Cup KO 5.15pm.

FreeSports has Porto v Belenenses, KO 8.30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                  Two games on S4C today, Cardiff Metropolitan University v Carmarthen Town in the league KO 12.45pm and then Newport County v Walsall in the FA Cup KO 5.15pm.
                  Erstwhile OTFer Mirko Bolesan is hoping to be at both those games, insane groundhopping obsessive that he is.

Comment

*Occasional* OTFer, perhaps...? But whatever his OTF status Mirko Bolesan is watching Cardiff Met go two up against Carmarthen in bright sunshine.

Comment

That cunt Steve Evans is being interviewed after Mansfield just beat Shaw Lane 3-1.

Comment

And now it's back to the studio with that cunt Robbie Savage.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                          That cunt Steve Evans is being interviewed after Mansfield just beat Shaw Lane 3-1.
                          Shaw Lane is just the best team name ever.

Mansfield and Evans is a perfect match, IMO.

Comment

Ooh. Just turned on S4C

Comment

It's channel 166 on Virgin if you want to watch

Comment

Chris Coleman is in the crowd. And on his phone. Newport's pitch looks amazing

Comment

Mad deflection and it's 1-0 Newport

Comment

Robben's just scored a cracker at Dortmund. 0-1.

Comment

And suddenly, Liverpool are 2 up at West Ham.

Comment

Half time and it's 1-0 Newport. Hope they win because a) let's all laugh at Walsall, and b) if Shrewsbury got drawn away to Newport that's a very short trip for me to see them

Comment

Well I’m on the settee, getting gently sozzled, and all is well.

I still worry about Walsall’s speed of movement. They’ve got more in the tank than we’ve seen so far.

Comment

After two years, West Ham still can't seem to master the dimensions of their 'new' home. That's at least three crossfield passes that have gone sailing into the mist this half.

If they had a bit more guile about them, Liverpool could get a hatful here.

Comment

Stay strong, HORN. We have to believe good will triumph over evil.

Comment

Adverts on S4C are fab

Comment

YES! 2-0

Comment

Goalie should have done better.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X